Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.0

531 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Interview

The process was very easy. The manager was nice and positive. Sadly there was a chance of management. Was hired in an instant that day and this is my first job

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience that you did valuable customer service   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online, took an assessment. Within a day or two I got a call asking me to come in for the interview. She asked me a few questions on the phone and then made the appointment.

I went in for the interview a few days later and met with a manager. She asked me a few questions had me sign my completed application after going over it. Told me what her goals were for the front end and hired me on the spot pending background check.

Interview Questions

• How did you provide a customer, co worker or supervisor and extraordinary customer service experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Findlay, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Findlay, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

I called and asked what positions were available she said fill out an app I did and called her back they got me in for an interview the same day when I got there she printed out my finished application I signed a few things they are supposed to call me tomorrow for orientation

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Norfolk, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was only about 15 to 20 minutes long she just asked me basic questions about myself and about how others see me as a worker and as a person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application over the weekend, and they called me on Monday to set up an interview. I interviewed on Tuesday. The interview lasted less than 20 mins. They called me later that same day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you showed exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parker, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Parker, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was short, asked one question and I signed a lot of papers. I thought it went great. I was positive I'd get a call back. A week went by and I didn't hear anything. I called them and they somehow "lost" all records that I even had an interview there. The gal said she'd talk to another gal and call me back. That was two days ago. I haven't heard back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond with customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Richmond, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

I went to customer service who called a manager. I walked to the doors next to the milk and waited. I waited for about 5 minutes. When we got in the interview area, the manager was very nice and friendly. I couldn't understand some of her words because of her accent but she was very friendly.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call after a few months. I was left waiting for 45 minutes near the Pick Up area because the woman who was suppose to interview me went to lunch. Eventually an assistant manager took me in and asked about my availability and a few other questions. They were easy questions but I did not like waiting so long and I probably should have walked out. Later on I got a call from the woman who was originally suppose to interview me offering me a job.

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

The process was very quick and not time consuming at all. The person leading the interview was very brief in her questions and it was over in just a few minuets.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to show great leadership skills.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in DuBois, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (DuBois, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Management puts on a great act, they pretend that you have a legitimate chance of progressing within the company. They ask you if you can perform basic duties such as lifting up to 50 pounds, being on your feet for long periods of time, and dealing with customer's needs.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could handle managers that have different views of how a job should be done   1 Answer