Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.0

485 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cloquet, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Cloquet, MN).

Interview

Filled out the initial application, followed by a short interview with a manager, came back a few days later for another interview, scheduled for a drug test, once the test results came back (in maybe 3 or 4 days) employment offer

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit for the position, role playing in customer service scenarios   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There are standard questions they are not allowed to deviate from. The manager or two will take you to whatever room happens to be empty and ask you very basic questions off a paper. Sound reasonably intelligent, come on time, and dress in interview clothing. The bar is very low.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a difficult problem   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Great process, and they even gave me some free stuff. Couldn't have been happier with the experience, they were so nice. I work there now and they're still great. Really appreciate the opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

Very quick process from start to finish. I came in on time, he had my verify the information on my application to include my availability, he asked me a question and offered me the job. Painless, simple, and effective.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Phila, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call withing a few days. The woman I talked with was from HR and she was super nice and easy to get a long with. She asked about my previous work experience and we chatted about a mutual job we both had growing up.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was ok. I went thru the veterans program. I applied. Answered a few questions. Told them what I wanted and where I wanted to work. Submitted my background check and I was hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Interview

No Questions Were Ever Asked During The So Called "Interview", Just came In Signed Paperwork And Was Told Will Receive A Call Back For Orientation Which Toke Maybe One Week For A Call Back

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Boise, ID).

Interview

2 phase interview with a person plus two additional steps. One included drug screen/background check the other was online application and test. The online test (which can be done in-store) included basic work history, personality test and situational test. After completing it is good to call the store and ask for the HR department to make sure they received your application. Then expect to wait for 3 or more days depending on what their current hiring needs are. You have the best chance to get on during the holiday rush when they are needing seasonal employees.

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Winchester, VA).

Interview

Very casual interview. I honestly felt over dressed compares to the manager i interviewed with. One question asked and was hired on the spot. Was told I would receive a call within a week to schedule orientation. Received a call 2 days later.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Went in for the interview & hiring manager asked me the typical questions about my experience, work history, as well as a series of questions pertaining to the job. Very easy interview will let you know right there if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions

See What Walmart Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Walmart Cashier in Columbus, OH

Pros: “This place was hell. The service was great. I loved everything about this place...except every single thing. This place was horrible...horribly terrific because of all the bargains. Bad...”“This place was hell. The service was great. I loved everything about this place...except every single thing. This place was horrible...horribly terrific because of all the bargains. Bad service was free. Free from any negativity. It was great!!! If you love places that suck tushy. I wanted to leave. I wanted to leave and tell all my friends how great the place was!!! How great it was to start a anti-Trump rally.” – Full Review