Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.0

484 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baxter, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Baxter, MN).

Interview

Pretty easy so long as you have previous customer service experience. Don't remember the specific questions but they were basic to the job and to what the company's goals were. Customer scenario discussion.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

intervewed by personal, then another associate, then the front end manager. I transfered in from another store out of state. Was hired before I moved. don,t know what else to say to make it long enough.

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. Just basic questions about my experience and customer service. Just go in dressing nice and don't be nervous. I'm currently waiting on a call back.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Quick and easy, not too many questions and they were really friendly and nice and I was so happy that they offered me a job. It just made my day extra special nice. Every person there was really helpful and friendly and super super super super nice. It was just great. You should definitely think about trying to get a job at Walmart because it is absolutely a great great great place

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Middletown, NY).

Interview

Applied on line called for interview went in talk about what position they had open asked normal questions very friendly Manager went over duties as cashier was actually really easy was surprised how much I learned there was asked to start immediately

Anonymous Employee in Hickory Creek, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Hickory Creek, TX).

Interview

I applied online. Human Resources called and asked me a few simple questions. Set up an appointment to come to the store. I was asked to fill out some paperwork and then I spoke with a manager and was hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Pretty basic just dont fail drug test seriously lay off of it. Just be youself its very easy to get the job once you get call in for the interview just be polite to everyone there

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Got a call the day after I put in an application since my friend said they were hiring. If they call you, you pretty much have the job, just don't fail the drug test. They ask a couple questions, you fill out some paperwork, and stress their attendance policy. If they don't tell you you'll get a call or receive a small booklet, you didn't get it. I've never had a job before and they hired me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave exceptional customer service either inside or outside of the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Pearland, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied then I called in about two days later. They called me back the same day then we set up an appointment. During the interview I was asked what my availability was then I was hired. I was hired during inventory time so it took about 1 week until I was able to come in for my paperwork.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I went in for an interview and basically just had to sign a few papers. I was only asked one question which was to describe a time I went above and beyond for a customer. In the end, I was offered a position. Nice and simple, which is something that I loved. People there seemed amazing and I cannot wait to start.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer