Walmart Co Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Co Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walmart (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

Panel interview, followed by an individual upper management interview, followed by a behavior observation on sales floor. The process covered 9 topics and was both statistical in basis as well behaviour based.The on floor observation was very unique.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by Talent Acquisition/Recruiter. Phone interview - very brief...despite being very prepared...just some real basic questions about work history and other generic things.

Couple of days later contacted by store manager. He called to set up an interview time.

Interview with him via phone. That went well...about 50 minutes. Waiting to hear from Market Human Resource Manager and/or District Manager as a result of him sending positive interview results to them.

Interview Questions

• How do you assure that customers of various ethnicity receive good customer service and satisfaction.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had a problem...(paraphrase) and had to change courses   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you planned a project. What was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Knowing numbers is a key. Make sure you can talk to the numbers also. Know reports and which ones help you with different jobs.Use Wal-mart terms when explaining your answers. 30 mins interview answers should be short but detailed.

Interview Questions

• What does your OSCA number look like?   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by another phone interview, the there was an in person interview with a tour. The questions were general and specific to what I had accomplished and challenges I had had overcome. During the tour and conversations during the interview, I was able to learn about the challenges and opportunities for development and success in that store and company as well as company direction.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you faced and how did you solve it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Another case where we knew going in who the candidate was who would get the job offer. First interview of this kind to get my name out there.

Anonymous Employee in Williamstown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Williamstown, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral Interviewing process. Depending on the level of the position you are interviewing for. It could be a 1 on 1 interview or it could be a panel interview with up to the regional manager. All based on prior work or personal experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to create plans for a specific project? How did you plan? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I had been through the same process when I had been interviewed for an Assistant Manager position so I knew what to expect. The questions are work experience based (Describe a time when...) and are broke down into different competencies such as Judgement, Ethics, Customer Service, etc. The competency is described in detail and then a series of questions are given that are based on that competency. Using work or life based events, you describe how you handled the situation. The more detailed the answer, in my opinion, the better.

Interview Questions

• Trying to remember all the components of the Competency questions.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Recruited by Human resources manager. Muliple interviews with a store manager, HR and market manager. asked a series of pre arranged questions no adlibbing. heard back fast and was able to meet with second interview panel days after first interview

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation on pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Simpsonville, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

Find an open position on company job site.
    Apply for that position which will be marked under consideration
    The receiving store manager or Co manager will call and set up an interview time and date.
    After the interview you will be contacted or the under consideration status will be changed to no longer under consideration within sometimes 1 month

Interview Questions

• What have you done to motivate your team when given a new company direction?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Modesto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was grilled by Market Manager and ridiculed for responses given during interview. Was not encouraging at all. Found out later that I would never be considered a strong candidate to be a Co-Manager.

Interview Questions

• What large project have you lead that produced positive results, using STAR technique.   Answer Question