Walmart Courtesy Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.0

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by three different people. They asked the same set of questions. You're hired as long as you somehow answer the questions and meet the availability requirement for whatever position. Most Walmarts will hire people based on availability and decide if you're cut out for the job after a few months of working

Interview Questions

• Why walmart? Have you gone above and beyond for a customer? What are your weaknesses? How would you deal with an angry customer? How would you make a difference at walmart?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

They only cared about filling the position and not much else. When I asked them to repeat one of the questions, they handed me the paper with the questions on it because they didn't feel like reading it again. I probably would have gotten the job without answering any questions

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If they promise you promotions, it's probably a lie.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Tallahassee, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

It was not bad at all. You have two interviews and when you pass the second one you are pretty much in the clear. Just know how to sale yourself and you should be fine. Also they called my references so make sure your references are legit.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Omaha, NE) in July 2014.

Interview

2-part interview, primary interview of all candidates, with a few getting calls to come back in for the second interview, first is conducted by an hourly manager while the second is done by a salary manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Porter Ranch, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

About two hours, with 1:1 interview with about 3 different managers. Most of the time was spent waiting with other people looking to be hired but the actual interview was about 5 tops, plus the drug test afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What was the best time you assist a costumer?   1 Answer

Courtesy Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online early April 2014 got hired early May 2014. I applied online and they called me back about a week later to come in for an interview the next day. And the end of the online application they'll have you take an assessment that is equivalent to standard interview questions like "what would you do if...". Also, It's worth mentioning that regardless of the fact that I put in that the best time to reach me is evenings, they still only called me during early daytime hours.

I came in and did my first two interviews. During each of the first two interviews they ask you questions like "tell me about a time when (condition) and you solved the problem, and list the steps you used to solve it". These each lasted about 15 minutes and there were about 8 questions per interview. I can't remember the position of the first woman who interviewed me, but during the second interview it was an assistant manager asking the questions.

After that they had me come back about another week later for the "3rd interview", which is really just paperwork and the job offer. I had to come back the next day because the assistant manager wasn't there on the day that they told me to come in. Be warned that between the first two interviews and the job offer they WILL call your references. I'm not a shady guy and I have a clean background so maybe it was just our store, but they did call mine (at bad hours too. I ended up having to call my references myself and have them call walmart). The person doing the "3rd interview" was the assistant manager for the department I was working in (in my case the front end). Like I said before, they'll just have you fill out a little bit of paperwork and give you the job offer.

I accepted and was immediately sent off for a drug screening that I was already late for by the time the third interview was over. They said it usually takes about 2-3 days for screening results to come back and about a week for background check to go through.

It ended up being less than a week and I was in for orientation with one other future associate. They keep you there for about 5 hours (you are paid for this) doing paperwork, teaching you about the company and you go over basic safety videos. A day later we came back for the second round of orientation, which composed mostly of doing CBLs (Computer Based Learning). These are learning modules that take about 25 minutes each to do. There are like 8 or so required ones. Because I was a minor at the time I was only allowed to stay for 5 hours.

My next shift I was "trained" in by another courtesy associate. A couple days later I was trained to use the electric mule and did my first few carry-outs.

Everyone at our Walmart is nice, so the whole process wasn't dreadful, but it was long.

This process was surprisingly rigorous for a minimum wage job, and seems a bit pointless. I understand that they do it because they are one of the largest employers, but when they need people they're not going to turn you down because you seemed a little below average when answering the interview questions. Just be friendly and cooperative. It'll make the experience easier for everyone involved.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you helped another person solve a problem by using resources available to you"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Either you take the offer they give you, or you decline and be on your way.

Anonymous Employee in South Sioux City, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (South Sioux City, NE) in April 2014.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first two were conducted by department managers if I remember correctly. The third was conducted by a manager. They all asked the same things. Pretty straight forward. This was all done in a single day. The only thing was that when I went for my scheduled interview, nobody was there to interview me. A sign to things to come.

Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Waterbury, CT) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a call 1 week later to schedule a 1 on 1 interview. They ask you basic questions and your availability. 2 days later they called me back for my 2nd interview. Wasn't really an interview, at that point you already have the job. All I had to do was drug testing. After that they called me to tell me when the group orientation was.

Anonymous Employee in Bluffton, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bluffton, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

I was called to schedule an interview on a Friday. My interview was scheduled for the next Tuesday. My first interview was a 1:1 interview with my potential Department Manager where he gave me a scenario and I had to answer how I have handled a situation like that in the past. At this time, I was also given a description of the job I was being offered. After that, I had a 3:1 group interview where they asked me pretty much the same questions as the first interview. After I finished that interview I was told that they had to check my references and then they would call me to schedule my final interview. My final interview was two days later because of scheduling. I had to go do a drug test and after that came back positive, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• You are asked between 5-10 different questions where the interviewer gives you a situation and you are to answer back with a time when you provided that type of help or handled a similar situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. If you are offered a job, they tell you what your starting pay is based on where the job you are hired for is on the pay scale; level 1 (lowest) - level 7 (highest).

Courtesy Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online for military veterans. I received a call within a week. Submitted some paperwork they required. I was contacted a week or so later and was given a phone interview on the spot. I didn't expect that. I was presented an offer within an hour. Declined offer, pay to low for me and store to far away. They might want to up the pay a little bit, hopefully by myself declining this offer another veteran can benefit.

Interview Questions

• I was given 4 questions that were situational, appeared to be management oriented. But the job turned out to be a cart pusher. Overkill, in my opinion and the questions didn't match the job which at the time I wasn't aware would be a cart pusher (Courtesy Associate).   Answer Question

First I appreciate what Walmart is trying to do for veterans. But, the store selected for me was 30 mins away one way. When there are 2 stores within a few miles from my home. The pay $7.50 an hr, I've served over 20+ years in the military and have a 4yr college degree in Management. Overall the the commute and pay with $3.50 gas wasn't adding up to me.