Walmart Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.1

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Fulton, NY).

Interview

Was very generic and not really too difficult to answer the questions. I feel just about anyone can get a job there if they want to which narrows the possibility of quality candidates that actually want to work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview with the store's Co-Manager after filling out my application at Walmart's employment kiosk. I was hired for a different position than I applied for on my interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had ever worked retail before.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Union City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early for my interview and after waiting an hour and a half was still unseen by the interviewer. Instead of leaving I decided to locate this person supposedly conducting my interview by asking a store associate for this person This associate assisted me in locating and then introduced me to the interviewer. The interviewer mentioned he wanted to hire someone to work full time stocking shelves during remodeling of the store located in Union City. Pay rate would be $10.00 per hour and employment would be on a part time basis. I was then brought into an office in the back store area and asked to have a seat which I did more waiting. At this time it had been more than 2 hours after the scheduled interview time. I was then asked if this interviewer could be excused wanting to leave the office at which time I stood up to leave and responded with No, thank you anyway but I am no longer interested in the position. I proceeded to leave. Expecting someone to wait such a long period of time as if their time had no value was inconsiderate and unreasonable. Expecting an employee to work full time, but on a part time basis (no medical insurance or other benefits) seems scandalous.

Interview Questions

• I was phoned at 3:00PM on Wednesday, July 13th and asked if I could come in for an interview at 4:00PM that same day.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Quick and to the point. Ask situational type questions. The department manager, person from personnel and store manager along with other candidates attended. They called me in about 2 weeks after applying. Then sent me to have background check and drug test done.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a time where you encountered a difficult person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

asked me how many years i had of customer service experience i had and what retail l experience i had if i had any bad issues with a job where i was fired or had any conflict in the work place

Interview Questions

• asked me what skills i had that i would be able to apply to there company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Glen Burnie, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Long waited for a hour for my interview. A lot off people were waiting.she ask standard interview questions.i answer short and sweet.then hr manager came in and ask more questions.overall it was long process

Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Dumfries, VA).

Interview

It was good. Ask good questions. They did not ask anything too hard, but wanted to know how you react in certain situations. It was not too tricky or bad. Didn't take too long. I had one interview, then a second one, then a job offer and drug test. They also contacted my references before the job offer.

Interview Questions

• If I was safe. How I would help customers in varying situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

This was long time ago about 15 years ago, I received a call after I applied the application for few days. Then I got a interview, then they offer me the job.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got asked for an interview, they were polite and asked simple questions. Mainly questions about I've handled particular situations in the past. I was offered a 2nd round interview. I left the room for a few moments. Went back for 2nd portion, same types of questions but different person. Then I was offered a 3rd round interview, which I was told would be some time the following week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a plan to execute a task.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

The job was very easy and the interview process consisted of 1 30 minute interview. The main thing was the assessment test which was very common sense and basic. After the interview, they told me right away that I got the job and had to go get drug tested.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question