Walmart Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Fontana, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Pleasant, the hardest part was returning the HR Manager's call because she didn't have a direct line. Took two days to get the interview scheduled. Once the interview happened, it was smooth sailing. I met with the department manager, and we reviewed the duties that the position would be handling. We discussed scheduling, hours, and opportunities for advancement as well. The manager was very friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe my experience with difficult customers, and how I resolved their concerns.   Answer Question
  • What would be the biggest challenge for me in handling cash?   Answer Question
  • Would I be willing to consider other openings in the store?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

its really easy , general question . basically you just have to share your experience, they have a few white papers with them with a lot of question basically they will check if your answer pass or not

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience at customer service   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart in July 2014.

Interview

It was easy. You start by taking a test online or in store then they will call you with a follow up if your avlento pass the test. I feel most anyone could pass this elementary test.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on staying for more than a year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Modesto, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Employer asked questions of why I was interested for working with Walmart and if I was knowledgeable about what they provided. Due to me applying to be customer service associate they said if I am good with people and good communication skills. Overall great interview process.

Interview Questions

• Background experience in Customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sylacauga, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Sylacauga, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

Very good vetting process. Require a certain level of professionalism. Great environment to work in. Great attitudes. High expectations:learning curve, exceptional customer service, certain level of awareness for liability purposes.

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Fulton, NY).

Interview

Was very generic and not really too difficult to answer the questions. I feel just about anyone can get a job there if they want to which narrows the possibility of quality candidates that actually want to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Union City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early for my interview and after waiting an hour and a half was still unseen by the interviewer. Instead of leaving I decided to locate this person supposedly conducting my interview by asking a store associate for this person This associate assisted me in locating and then introduced me to the interviewer. The interviewer mentioned he wanted to hire someone to work full time stocking shelves during remodeling of the store located in Union City. Pay rate would be $10.00 per hour and employment would be on a part time basis. I was then brought into an office in the back store area and asked to have a seat which I did more waiting. At this time it had been more than 2 hours after the scheduled interview time. I was then asked if this interviewer could be excused wanting to leave the office at which time I stood up to leave and responded with No, thank you anyway but I am no longer interested in the position. I proceeded to leave. Expecting someone to wait such a long period of time as if their time had no value was inconsiderate and unreasonable. Expecting an employee to work full time, but on a part time basis (no medical insurance or other benefits) seems scandalous.

Interview Questions

• I was phoned at 3:00PM on Wednesday, July 13th and asked if I could come in for an interview at 4:00PM that same day.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Glen Burnie, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Long waited for a hour for my interview. A lot off people were waiting.she ask standard interview questions.i answer short and sweet.then hr manager came in and ask more questions.overall it was long process

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled for an interview with the store's Co-Manager after filling out my application at Walmart's employment kiosk. I was hired for a different position than I applied for on my interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had ever worked retail before.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Marietta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Overall it was a positive interview; I was given the position I desired. I would advise anyone once you qualify to adjust your hours to do so. In the world of Walmart its all about customers in the store. So if there is little traffic in the store your hours will be minimal. I had set an open ended schedule and my start and end times were never consistent.

Interview Questions

• With us being a Customer driven company; explain a situation where you would go out of your way to assist a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you are up on your game to succeed.