Walmart Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Fremont, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Basic interview, asked my strengths and weaknesses and how I could help improve Walmart's atmosphere. Spoke to the manager and he asked what I bring to the table. I took a tour of the facilities and was even offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Describe any times you had to use your leadership skills and display initiative? What, if any, are your previous job experiences? Do you have any retail experience?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (West Palm Beach, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the personnel manager and questions were straightforward, next day called back to interview with store manager. The store managers questions were more precise and wanted details how I would be an asset for the team and Walmart.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to Walmart   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Fayetteville, AR) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and they took 3 weeks to reply. They replied with an email. Email response back and for for a a few days. Next step was phone interview. After 10 mins on the phone with them I realized that this position was not for me. We parted ways after that.

Interview Questions

• Mainly just previous experience questions, how it could relate to current position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone. Easy interview. The person who interviewed me was very nice. I felt very comfortable doing an over the phone interview the interview lasted about 15 minutes. Please be prepared to answer questions about customer service and why you want to work for united Healthcare

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was basic. One person interviewed me and then she called another manager to do the second interview the same day. They both asked the same questions so it was easy since I already knew the answers. I'm not sure if everyone's interview is that smooth. They signed a paper where I had to go do my drug test on the same day and that was it.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you resolved a situation on your own?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Hollywood, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

The Manager of Customer Service has trained me for two weeks in a total of 40 hours. And how to close the store. And how to work in the money room.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waynesboro, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Waynesboro, VA).

Interview

Three interviews. One on the spot at the time of my application, and two later. First interview was very low pressure, easy questions. Second was more heavier, with the assistant manager over the position in question. Asked to complete "opinion survey", which was then scored and then I was questioned on the answers I got "wrong". Third interview quick and easy, ending with job offer.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting to be questioned so hard on the "opinion survey".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Application process took about 2 weeks. With most interviews you have to wait past your scheduled time as if you don't have other things to do. Easy questions. Laid back atmosphere depending on manager I actually got the interview from a friend since she knew she was leaving so she told me before anyone eise.

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Lynchburg, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

There are a series of scenario questions that you are asked and several what if questions as well as an outdated psych eval that is outdated especially for a retail job with minimum qualifications.

Interview Questions

• There were none they read from a scripted question set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was non exsistant

Customers Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Sacramento, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Long they ask a lot of questions about why do you want to work at Walmart what do you bring to the table when getting a job at Walmart have you or any one you know for for Walmart before or do they now

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, what do you bring to the table and tell me something about your self   1 Answer