Walmart Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Easy - 2 interview process. Meet with one manager and if they like you/your answers then you go on to the next manager. Just basic customer service questions and they're big about having an open availability. If you don't have an open availability then they may not consider you. They may tell you the hours and if you're ok with them, or what the flex hours may be as well, and if you're ok with them. It really depends on the manager you get, how your interview might go.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you did not fulfill a customer's needs and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. They tell you your rate

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Oxford, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

Did a phone interview, online assessment, then in-person interview with GM then DM. All were pretty easy in my opinion, but they were opening a new store and really needed people. The interview questions were pretty standard, so it was nothing unexpected or unusually difficult. Overall, the excitement level of the GM and DM had the biggest impact and made me want the job more.

Interview Questions

• All pretty standard questions.. nothing ridiculous or unexpected. EX: Explain a time where you had to deal with an upset customer... what did you do? What steps did you take? Were you able to alleviate the situation? Etc., etc., etc.
      Standard and reasonable questions in my opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked what my desired pay was on the application and presented their offer. It was a take it or leave it situation.. but was based on my asking wage

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Canton, OH) in December 2010.

Interview

It is ok. A group panel of three interviews you even if you apply for car pusher. Backround and drug test are conducted. Skills review. A lot of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Does it bother you to do other peoples work?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Working at Walmart was a good learning experience. I gained experiences in sales, inventory management and customer service in the retail industry .

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Virginia Beach, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Over all positive and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to satisfy and unhappy customer and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiating which was okay I was hired as a temp and am now permanent.

Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Hattiesburg, MS) in May 2011.

Interview

One interview for this position. A technology usage test and typing rate test was required. Drug tested and started training which lasted for 2 weeks. Then you start taking calls. There is a pretty high wash out rate, but if you can leave the job at work and not bring it home you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• None, the only questions they ask are if you can work full time and are you okay taking a drug test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was standard. Met with the hiring manager for an interview. Asked standard questions. It was standard. Met with the hiring manager for an interview. Asked standard questions. It was standard. Met with the hiring manager for an interview. Asked standard questions.

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Lithonia, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Simple questions. Walmart is Mainly looking for open availability and people willing to work on holidays without holiday pay. You basically must pass the assessment and be willing to begin working immediately.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

Apply online only, get a call for an interview (ps students they expect you to skip school for the interview). It's a group interview with anywhere from 6 to 20 people at one time. They ask typical retail questions. Then they role play you on how you have to sale a customer on their Walmart MasterCard (basically you are required to harass customers into their Walmart MasterCard). Then it can take a day to a few weeks before they call you ( depends on the vast amounts of people that are constantly quitting because the place is a joke)

Interview Questions

• What you would do if a display was put up wrong.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Easy interview. They ask everyone the same few questions from a booklet, which rate your answer from poor, good to excellent. I know they changed it recently to group panel but it's nothing to worry about, if you get to the point where they call you in for an interview your foot is pretty much in the door.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict? - work it out/communication

What would you do if a customer asks you a question as you are going to break? - help the customer before going to break

If your manager tells you a whole bunch of things how would you keep track? - make a list and prioritize.

Describe a time you had to work in a group/partners - give a story about teamwork   Answer Question