Walmart Customer Services Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.3

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Well, the manager who interviewed me was far more interested in my attitude and future goals instead of my former experience and I thought that was really special. I was asked about past experiences in retail and about how I would handle situations. It was an easy interview but an interview I found to be more effective than a lot of other interviews I've had.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals with this company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I had a phone interview which led to a face to face with the assistant store manager. My last and final interview was with 3 other managers which included the store manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Scheduling

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in February 2017.

Interview

The person up front sent me to the wrong place, I sat on a bench for 15 min until a manager saw me sitting with wearing business attire and assumed I was the job applicant. He took me to a room and pulled out my application that had a sticky note on it. He walked me down to another room where he sat me down and told me that even though they had called me to interview for CSM, there actually wasn't any positions open, and instead just offered me a cashier position after asking no questions and said that a CSM position would open up very soon and I could interview then.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Waterbury, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was pro forma. Seemed like the decision was made before I arrived that the position was filled. Little eye contact and monotone voice from HR person. Very off putting.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the company culture in 5 years   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita Falls, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

In my case, I skipped the interview process due to my prior experience and the immediate need for CSM'S, however, I did sit in for an interview not sure why but I did. The process is you meet with the assistant manager and then if you meet with the store manager that means you did well in the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Grove City, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

There are two interviews that are done. First by HR then the next by a member of management to accept you once you pass background and drug test. Question is really easy and simple.

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Blaine, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

They asked question based on what if scenarios and I already knew how to do the job, so I answered honestly. I felt it was a good process because I was already with the company and was more relaxed than a new person might be.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked hard to achieve a problem.   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Interview

I worked at Walmart as a cashier for two years when I got considered to be a Customer Service Manager. I had one to one interview with the store manager and the questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an angry customer and how you handled the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (North Chicago, IL).

Interview

Walt in hallway in front of bathrooms for about an hour, have first interview with one manager, wait 3 more hours or come back another day, take a drug test at off site clinic within 8 hours, wait about 2 weeks to be called back for low paying job.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Customer Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Typical interiew, will ask a question and they want you to pull from a specific reference. Not horribly difficult, just make stuff up if you have to the people who interview you aren't going to care unfortunately.

Negotiation

No negotiation