Walmart Deli Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Deli Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Interviewed at Virginia. Got there half an hour early than the time scheduled and the hiring manager graciously accommodated me. She was very friendly and inviting, asked me only one question for an entry level job. She also adjusted my schedule to certain days since I am still a student.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart in October 2016.

Interview

Easily the simplest interview I've ever had. I spoke with an assistant manager, signed some papers confirming that everything wat right on my application, and he only asked me one question (with three parts.) Then we had a nice little chat about our lives, and he offered the position. Later, he told me that our interview was probably the best one that he's had in a good while. All in all, it was a nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Name your best customer service with an exterior customer, a friend, and an associate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Your pay will vary based on your experience. They offered me $0.40 more per hour due to my experience.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (New Orleans, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job and after a month I got a call back for the interview. I had to meet with two different people and got interviewed by only one.

Anonymous Employee in Montevideo, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Montevideo, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got called in for an interview. The interview was easy and straightforward. I was asked a few questions about my work history and I accepted the job offer.
    I returned the next week for orientation. Filled out paperwork, watched a few videos about Walmart and discussed what I would be doing the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you went out of your way to help someone; Why did you decide you wanted to work for Walmart?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Assistant Manager asked one question, "name a difficult situation and how you handled it in the workplace" - stated they no longer do drug tests. Said I had the job after the background check came back in.

Interview Questions

• 1 and only question
      "name a difficult situation and how you handled it in the workplace"
      1 Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I got the word this location was hiring, so I applied online and was given a call back in a couple of weeks to interview. The supervisor at the time promised me a minimum of $9/hr. They make you do a drug test at another location before you can officially start. I agreed to start and when I went to orientation they switched the pay to something lower.

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in October 2015.

Interview

Basically got called for a interview went to the interview she asked one question which was explain a time when you went above and beyond customer service then filled out a background check and was told if it checks out she will be calling me for orientation

Interview Questions

• name a time you went above and beyond customer service   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Called for interview. I arrived 10 minutes early sat on a bench. First interview with a random manager second interview with deli manager and last with store manager. All 3 times they verified my availability. During my interviews they called my references. Finally they offered me the job then I went to take my drug test. I'd say it was pretty painless and if you got an interview then you got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to meet a deadline how did you do it and what did you do to accomplish the task.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in Algood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Algood, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview where manager read straight from a sheet of five question, said he had to interview at least 3 people for the positions but I don't know how true that was got a call back 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to lead a group or a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Tucson, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Questions are the basic, "Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer," etc., and the typical, "What type of experience can you bring to our store? What is your idea of what good customer service is?" Of course asking as well what people would say about you, or what your former employer would say, if you know what you're doing, you'll ace this with no issues.

Interview Questions

• "When you think of good customer service, what comes to mind?"   1 Answer