Walmart Deli Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Deli Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Middlefield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Middlefield, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

One will interview with basic customer service and scenario questions. if you get it another will interview you and they will offer you a job.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Applied online, called me in for interview, passed the interview and was offered for the job, took it and send me for drug test and background test. 2 weeks later i as called for orientation and start working on the floor on 2rd day after CBL.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work as a team what was your job in the team and how did it help the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2012.

Interview

the crazy questions that's asked by all employers were not asked, but the Satisfactory for the "answers" responses was checked like they were asked though, but basically me and the other person were hired on the spot because it was the person "day off" they were trying to leave quickly as possible

Interview Questions

• none at all, just take the drug test and past the background check   1 Answer

Negotiation

Deli Associate started off with $8.70 an hour no experience

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I was initially interviewed by two supervisors, and they asked me basic questions on how I would handle certain customer service situations, invited me back to see a wider panel consisting of 3 Assistant Managers, in which they asked me on my previous job experiences, skills, etc, and then I was invited one last time to discuss my pay rate and finalize my employment after a 24 hr drug test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you saw another associate slacking off and relaxing more than usual? How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I explained to them that I worked as an intern for 3 years in the student store in high school, and that I exceed in the customer service division of the company, and I convinced them to give me a higher pay rate than my peers.

Anonymous Employee in Sand Springs, OK

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Sand Springs, OK) in July 2010.

Interview

Interveiew was very basic. They aske me some questions you really can not mess up. Got second interview directly after and passed. Drug Test with in 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to finish work on a timeline.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had to have accountability   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Des Moines, IA) in October 2010.

Interview

Very detailed and many questions about your past work history as well as your quality work. They want to know everything about your past history and everything about how you will treat their customers. Just be honest and very detailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much negotiation. Either you accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (New Orleans, LA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for a job and after a month I got a call back for the interview. I had to meet with two different people and got interviewed by only one.

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart in October 2016.

Interview

Easily the simplest interview I've ever had. I spoke with an assistant manager, signed some papers confirming that everything wat right on my application, and he only asked me one question (with three parts.) Then we had a nice little chat about our lives, and he offered the position. Later, he told me that our interview was probably the best one that he's had in a good while. All in all, it was a nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Name your best customer service with an exterior customer, a friend, and an associate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Your pay will vary based on your experience. They offered me $0.40 more per hour due to my experience.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Interviewed at Virginia. Got there half an hour early than the time scheduled and the hiring manager graciously accommodated me. She was very friendly and inviting, asked me only one question for an entry level job. She also adjusted my schedule to certain days since I am still a student.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Charleston, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Applied in store on one of their computer terminals. This led to a call from them about an open position. I did a telephone interview first (very brief), then they said they'd like to bring me in. At this point, I was interviewed, and told I was very likely to get the position if I passed the background check and drug tests. Which I did and got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to get a higher salary based on previous experience in a grocery store. This wasn't negotiated, but given.