Walmart Deli Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Deli Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Austin, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The human resources manager was not allowed to interview me. Very strange. I have never seen anything like it before. The assistant manager had to do the hiring for them. I also got a full background check but then later I felt like the AM was trying to ruin my reputation/background because the AM terminated me and not the human resource manager. I had to throw some food away and the AM said it was misconduct because it was like stealing to her. The human resource manager didn't know about any of these activities. I would have to away burnt stuff like cheese curds because the hot case would dry them out. And, they told me I was probably hired, as long as I passed their background check. So, maybe, after working there I would never work again because their waste is my crime.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Bulverde, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bulverde, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was under ten minutes. The management was clearly already ready to hire me and asked questions out of obligation. However, things that were communicated to me during the interview were inconsistent with policy that was enforced during my employment.

Interview Questions

• Give an example fo a time you solved a problem in the workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Madison, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

My assistant manager and department supervisor told me about the job, asked me about a time when I provided good customer service and asked me about what I think good customer service is. Then the store manager talked to me and asked me if it was a job I could do. Then I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what good customer service is to you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was based on the benefits of the store like how bill should be addressed. And how to take care of customers. Also they asked how would you address a customer having a dispute about who's first.

Interview Questions

• And how to take care of customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Hartford, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (New Hartford, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Two managers asked questions about customer service experience and how I would handle situations, such as an upset customer and handling a lot of tasks at once and/or prioritizing. They also asked about coming up with a plan to get a job done.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided above and beyond customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Godfrey, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Godfrey, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

They ask you about yourself and you answer honestly. They mostly look for someone who is always available so if you are very available youre basically hired. Be friendly also.

Deli Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interview was a comfortable. Normal questions. The second interview was a group interview. The interviewer was very nice and curious, but at the same time seemed uninterested because they is such major turnover in the company.

Anonymous Employee in Travelers Rest, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Travelers Rest, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I had to go through two rounds of interviews. The first one was pretty basic interview questions. They only ask five questions. They are naively scenario questions. May get offered after first interview. If not they will tell you to come back for second interview during that week or in the same day with 3 managers asking same 5 questions. They will let you know if hired. It's kind of intimidating with 3 managers. But stay calm and positive you'll get it! Started me with 9.50 and I had no experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out your way for someone and what was the outcome, who did you involve and what did you say.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were given many tasks at once. What steps did you take to complete them, who did you involve and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't have to nogotiate a thing. I loved the starting pay for me not to have had any experience.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2011.

Interview

It was pretty fair at first but there are some questions that are irrelevant in my opinion.It is pretty much very ordinary questions that you encounter from a different companies when they interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself here in the future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Clifton Park, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was brief. Manager Hana was there and she asked me some general questions about me being able to work hard and do closing. She was also very concerned about my availability which I had to increase and work sat and Sunday to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Any previous deli experience?   1 Answer