Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.4

110 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Oswego, IL).

Interview

My interview was done infront of a panel of supervisors at first. They took turns asking very canned questions and rating my answers on a sheet of paper. I was then interviewed by 3 assistant managers who did the same process. A sheet of paper with canned questions and they rated my answers. Finally you are interviewed by either a co manager or the store manager who once again does the same thing. They have since eliminiated the first step of being interviewed by the supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Alliance, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart (Alliance, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

With all supervisor positions you can expect to have a one question Interview just think about question asked and be very detailed don't be afraid to elaborate it's a very quick interview and speak about the customers outcome

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you gave outstanding customer service to a customer or co worker   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bonsack, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Bonsack, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very brief, just wanted to know your background and if you knew what shrink meant. I went through three interviews within two days. Wasnt hard at all, I initially interviewed for AP, but was lead into the Dept. Manager job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harborcreek, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Harborcreek, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was offered the interview while I was at work. I had the position posted in my preferences as a current interest. I went to the office and was asked why I had the preference marked, and if I was interested in taking the position. I was informed of the number of other candidates for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance in which you went above and beyond to serve a customer or fellow employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Hills, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Cedar Hills, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

So the salaried managers would pick the best suited applicants for the position, and interview them. After interviewing enough associates to comfortably make a decision they would notify the applicants as to whether of not they got the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you preformed good customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredonia, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Fredonia, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

When I decided I wanted to become a department manager my manager worked with me to help me learn what I need for the position. About 6 months later when I had the opportunity for the position I applied and got an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eunice, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Eunice, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview is conducted by the Assistant Manager of that area. Co-Manager may or may not be present. Assistant Manager makes choice, then Store Manager approves or vetoes decision. Candidates are met with after decisions. Those who were not selected are all notified in person. Lastly, the person chosen is made a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe one instance when you went above and beyond to help an internal or external customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Adams, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (North Adams, MA).

Interview

Answering 5 questions that are quite the same just repeated in a different way. 2, if available, Managers asking the repetitive questions for the 1st sitting. You are then scored by the interviewers and you wait out of the office until they decide yes or nay! It then goes to a 2nd sitting with the same basic questions done by an Assistant Manager, and a Dept Manager. The questions are then again scored and the same task of leaving office and being called back in if hired. If you go forward to the 3rd interview, you talk to the store Manager or other Assistant, given a yes or no and then do drug testing.

Interview Questions

• If in my past jobs if I had a problem with a customer, how did I handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Interview

Asked basic star model questions (beginning middle end results) they like to see how you can handle problems. Dress the part for the interview. There's usually 2 people in the room.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a customer happy. What did you do and what was the result   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Decatur, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

i was asked one question. They acted like they were going to hire me until their boss reminded them that they had to do at least 3 people an interview. The Woman told me they would call me on Monday (this was on a Friday) and let me know either way. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm still waithing on that call!

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that i have done while employed that i was proud of.   1 Answer