Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.4

103 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Alliance, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart (Alliance, OH) in August 2017.

Interview

With all supervisor positions you can expect to have a one question Interview just think about question asked and be very detailed don't be afraid to elaborate it's a very quick interview and speak about the customers outcome

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you gave outstanding customer service to a customer or co worker   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harborcreek, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Harborcreek, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was offered the interview while I was at work. I had the position posted in my preferences as a current interest. I went to the office and was asked why I had the preference marked, and if I was interested in taking the position. I was informed of the number of other candidates for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance in which you went above and beyond to serve a customer or fellow employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredonia, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Fredonia, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

When I decided I wanted to become a department manager my manager worked with me to help me learn what I need for the position. About 6 months later when I had the opportunity for the position I applied and got an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Adams, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (North Adams, MA).

Interview

Answering 5 questions that are quite the same just repeated in a different way. 2, if available, Managers asking the repetitive questions for the 1st sitting. You are then scored by the interviewers and you wait out of the office until they decide yes or nay! It then goes to a 2nd sitting with the same basic questions done by an Assistant Manager, and a Dept Manager. The questions are then again scored and the same task of leaving office and being called back in if hired. If you go forward to the 3rd interview, you talk to the store Manager or other Assistant, given a yes or no and then do drug testing.

Interview Questions

• If in my past jobs if I had a problem with a customer, how did I handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Interview

Asked basic star model questions (beginning middle end results) they like to see how you can handle problems. Dress the part for the interview. There's usually 2 people in the room.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a customer happy. What did you do and what was the result   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Decatur, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

i was asked one question. They acted like they were going to hire me until their boss reminded them that they had to do at least 3 people an interview. The Woman told me they would call me on Monday (this was on a Friday) and let me know either way. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm still waithing on that call!

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that i have done while employed that i was proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Westfield, IN).

Interview

It wasn't really an interview. That asked me a few basic questions and then I filled out paper wor and get me set up for orientation and to fill out more paper work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one

Anonymous Employee in Middle Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Middle Island, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I filled out application on a kiosk .I was called for an interview. Had to fill out paper application and sign a lot of papers. Waited for background check and drug test to be clear. For a phone call for orientation. Before being allowed on sales floor you have to complete trainings online. You do them in the personal office on a computer. I was sent to a partner store for on hand training .

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Good very easy questions. There were 5 questions attached to each of the main questions so it made it very hard to remember was information the need to know in my answer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ASM and Co-Manager. It was scenario type questions on how to supervise others. They walked me around the Store and asked me was this section clean and if it was not how would I complete the tasks of cleaning it. They also asked me various questions on supervising others, giving direction, and following up on the associates.

Interview Questions

• How would I make sure the associates were completing a task.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase and in fact they did not let me know my pay until orientation.