Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Bremen, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bremen, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview is with one person. They ask questions that are situational based. The second interview is with three people. The same questions are repeated almost verbatim. After the second interview, you leave the room, they decide whether to offer you the job. Once they offer it to you, they tell you what the pay is and send you for a drug test. After the drug test and background check is complete, you start a one day orientation and then go to work.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation where had a deadline to accomplish something and how many people did you get to help you?   Answer Question
  • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation process.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Detroit, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

To interview up in Walmart you have to apply on their computers, if chosen to interview for a spot you have a one on one usually with the Assistant Manager over the area you are applying for and asked basic questions about customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you went above expectations to help a customer's request.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Decatur, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

Lengthy with lots of questions about your work history or situations Then a second interview will take place with a salary manager then they send you to a drug screening

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were told to help an associate but needed to get your work done. What steps did you take to get the work done and why?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart in May 2011.

Interview

They ask you 6 "broad" questions to get a feel of your communication and customer service oriented mind, I was told when interviewing people that just about "any" response could work (school projects, etc). Even if you can't speak any english or have no experience they will probably hire you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to complete a project/task on your own? How did you figure out what steps you had to do first, second, third. How did you plan out your time to make sure you completed this on time, and what were the results?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't one.

Department Manager Interview

Interview

The manager read from a standard booklet. They manager didn't even look me in the eye. They responded with "thank you". Very uncomfortable. I really wish that it was more of a conversation. But I guess it's so that there is no way for someone to feel as if they were treated differently than anyone else and risk a law suit.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Milpitas, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was easy, basic questions, nothing you can't prepare for or even go in with out any preparation. Non technical questions, everything is explain a time, tell me about, what did you do, what would you do, etc etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a disgruntled employee or customer in the past?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

The questions are not "where do you see yourself in five years" or "if you had a superpower what would it be". Walmart's interview questions are competency related and usually start with "name a time" and then you explain the issue, how you solved including what resources you used to solve the issue.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a heavy workload and was given a difficult task that also had to be completed. What was the situation? What actions did you take? What was the outcome/results?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview would be with the assistant manager over the department to which you are applying. The assistant manager will then ask you questions about the department as well as generic retail based questions and questions about your experience.

Interview Questions

• There were a few questions about managing employees that would you be underneath you, so, supervisory like questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Meadow, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (East Meadow, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by senior manager and mid-level manager. Asked very basic scenario questions. Very quick interview process, filled out paperwork same day and asked to complete drug test. Drug tesr site was fairly close. Askes to agree to background check. offered position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What was the situation? AND How did you deal with it to make sure the customer was fully satisfied?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were polite and caring. They followed up on EVERY reference and past job. They asked about specific job situations and how I handled them. They were interested in my relationships with co-workers and management. They knew exactly what they were looking for. Very pleasant. The interview was direct, comfortable, and full of good, common sense questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your best quality you bring to WalMart?   1 Answer

Better job offer.