Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in North Adams, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (North Adams, MA).

Interview

Answering 5 questions that are quite the same just repeated in a different way. 2, if available, Managers asking the repetitive questions for the 1st sitting. You are then scored by the interviewers and you wait out of the office until they decide yes or nay! It then goes to a 2nd sitting with the same basic questions done by an Assistant Manager, and a Dept Manager. The questions are then again scored and the same task of leaving office and being called back in if hired. If you go forward to the 3rd interview, you talk to the store Manager or other Assistant, given a yes or no and then do drug testing.

Interview Questions

• If in my past jobs if I had a problem with a customer, how did I handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Interview

Asked basic star model questions (beginning middle end results) they like to see how you can handle problems. Dress the part for the interview. There's usually 2 people in the room.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a customer happy. What did you do and what was the result   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Decatur, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

i was asked one question. They acted like they were going to hire me until their boss reminded them that they had to do at least 3 people an interview. The Woman told me they would call me on Monday (this was on a Friday) and let me know either way. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm still waithing on that call!

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that i have done while employed that i was proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Westfield, IN).

Interview

It wasn't really an interview. That asked me a few basic questions and then I filled out paper wor and get me set up for orientation and to fill out more paper work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Good very easy questions. There were 5 questions attached to each of the main questions so it made it very hard to remember was information the need to know in my answer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ASM and Co-Manager. It was scenario type questions on how to supervise others. They walked me around the Store and asked me was this section clean and if it was not how would I complete the tasks of cleaning it. They also asked me various questions on supervising others, giving direction, and following up on the associates.

Interview Questions

• How would I make sure the associates were completing a task.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase and in fact they did not let me know my pay until orientation.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interview questions are relatively easy and basic; asking about what you would do in certain situations or to pick something in the past that you did which would fit with the question they're giving.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any examples of when you took up a leadership position?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Interview

The manager read from a standard booklet. They manager didn't even look me in the eye. They responded with "thank you". Very uncomfortable. I really wish that it was more of a conversation. But I guess it's so that there is no way for someone to feel as if they were treated differently than anyone else and risk a law suit.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview would be with the assistant manager over the department to which you are applying. The assistant manager will then ask you questions about the department as well as generic retail based questions and questions about your experience.

Interview Questions

• There were a few questions about managing employees that would you be underneath you, so, supervisory like questions.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

The questions are not "where do you see yourself in five years" or "if you had a superpower what would it be". Walmart's interview questions are competency related and usually start with "name a time" and then you explain the issue, how you solved including what resources you used to solve the issue.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a heavy workload and was given a difficult task that also had to be completed. What was the situation? What actions did you take? What was the outcome/results?   Answer Question