Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 25, 2017

2.4

104 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were polite and caring. They followed up on EVERY reference and past job. They asked about specific job situations and how I handled them. They were interested in my relationships with co-workers and management. They knew exactly what they were looking for. Very pleasant. The interview was direct, comfortable, and full of good, common sense questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your best quality you bring to WalMart?   1 Answer

Better job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Lacey, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

was interviewed by 2 separate personal before i was offered a job. then they write an wage down and ask if that will be acceptable if you agree to there offer, then you would start there hiring status.

Interview Questions

• a lot of what would you do situation questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bremen, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bremen, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview is with one person. They ask questions that are situational based. The second interview is with three people. The same questions are repeated almost verbatim. After the second interview, you leave the room, they decide whether to offer you the job. Once they offer it to you, they tell you what the pay is and send you for a drug test. After the drug test and background check is complete, you start a one day orientation and then go to work.

Interview Questions

• Name one situation where had a deadline to accomplish something and how many people did you get to help you?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation process.

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Port Saint Lucie, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

questions so long that when I try to answers it, you forget all the beginning. Also some questions aren't related to the position you are applied...Also you will need a pull to apply

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There will be two interviews taken place. The first is from a lower level member of management. The second from a higher level. They each ask a series of intertwined questions that have several questions within each. The first manager will either pass you on to the next manager or they will not depending on their level of interest.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are very difficult. Just try to focus on the question as a whole not the individual questions within. Most of the managers are pretty laid back so feeling extremely nervous is unnecessary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiating. They said this is what you will make and they kind of make you feel like it is that or nothing. There is always someone else who will do the job for that pay. Of course they don't say that.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in April 2014.

Interview

Easy and clean cut - completed the application online, called in for first of two interviews within one week, one interview was with an hourly supervisor and one interview with a salaried manager. Offered the job at the second interview and immediately went for drug testing the same day. Results back within 24 hours and began orientation

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interviewed with the Co-Manager at the time, sit down style meeting in an empty office room of the store, short introduction followed by a series of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you were given a difficult project to complete with a strict timeline, how did you achieve success, what policies and procedures did you use, and how did you improve the project for future employees?"   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I had twenty years experience in management and showed up to the interview in a professional suit and got hired as a department manager with half the pay. I interviewed the Asst. manager and she could not even tell me her sales quota for the month.

Negotiation

They had points for every year you are a manager with experience. What a joke.

Department Manager Interview

Interview

External interviews: One interview with an hourly supervisor, one with a salaried member of management.

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Mooresville, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

Basic questions about working with teams of people and coming up with plans to complete projects sample questions available on the net. 2 interviews first one by an hourly manager then a salary manager, usually as long as you give an answer and you can pass the background and drug test you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone how did you get your point across while still respecting the other persons opinion.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed they tell you what they are willing to pay which will be McDonalds money and you say ok and you are hired or no and go look for another job.