Walmart Electronic Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Electronic Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Called at 9:00 AM, wanted to schedule interview next day at 3 PM. Agreed. Showed up at 3 PM as requested, met manager who said the Electronic Sales position was filled, but offered a job as a overnight stocker, at $1.50 an hour LESS pay than the Sales position. Asked what happened and was informed Sales position was filled previous day. Asked why they did not bother to call me to inform me. She did not have answer, just asked if I wanted to stock. Said was not interested and walked out the door.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I was called for an interview by a manager. I went into the interview with one manager. It was pretty easy basic question and lots of information on the position were given

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question
    • Name a time you gave outstanding customer service and tell me the steps you took   Answer Question

The insurance was what was an issue for me. The pay offered was compatible with other jobs in area.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Kansas City, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application, online test, call for interview, interview, background check, finalize the contract, orientation, and start working.
    It was kind of very well prepared process, they know what they are looking for without wasting my and their time.

Interview Questions

• what kind of experience do you have regarding this position? and how?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Hooksett, NH).

Interview

Interviews took place over the course of one day, three interviews in total : HR interview then Department Manager interview then Assistant Manager interview, then went through drug test and background check which took about a week or two, overall it was a very simple and easy process, was offered $8.90 for an hourly wage and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very simple stuff. Applied online, was called the next day and asked to come in for an interview, I was honest and told them my availability and they worked with me to make sure the job I applied for would work, the HR pushed me in the direction of electronics due to my experience and their needs vs my availability.

Interview Questions

• "discuss a time when you went above and beyond for a customer"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Wasn't much of an interview as it was filling out paperwork. They didn't ask too many questions, but they just had to get verification I wasn't a criminal or anything. I filled out the job application online and got called in for a same-day interview 2 weeks later. Then they called back 2 weeks later the day before orientation to tell me to come in the next day.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you made a mistake and how did you make it right   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Reno, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called the day after I submitted my application and brought into the manager's office and answered only one question before they had me sign the job offer. It took a week for the background check. I wasn't required to do a drug test. After that, they called me and I was scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond at your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Norfolk, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called about a week after I applied online, and asked to come in for an interview. One interview, less than 30 minutes, then a job offer about a week after that. I was asked if I could be there for orientation at a specific time, and I could.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to convince someone else to see your point of view.   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call a little under a week later, got asked a couple questions regarding my work history and to schedule an interview. There were a couple other people waiting for an interview as well. I only interviewed one person. The interview itself was relatively simple and short, talked about myself and my hobbies and the interview went from there. Some questions pertained towards how I'd help select certain products to sell to people looking for it (ex. someone looking to buy a TV). The only classic interview question I got was the typical "describe a time you helped someone" question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Batesville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Batesville, AR) in May 2016.

Interview

Very Basic. Called Hiring Manager after completing the online application and set up an interview a week later. Went in for the interview and was offered the position right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult problem you have had in school and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would manage being told to do multiple tasks after being already assigned to one.   Answer Question