Walmart Electronics Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Electronics Associate Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Employee in San Tan Valley, AZ

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (San Tan Valley, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to Walmart through the online application, and about an hour later they called me to set up an interview. I went in for the interview and they asked pretty simple questions. I had one interview meeting with the GM and got hired on the spot. They sent me home and said they would call for orientation once my background check came back. I did not have to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Electronics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Simple, multiple interviews where they tested for problem solving abilities. Beyond that it was just a matter of whether or not you were able to interact with people socially in a manner that was professional and constructive.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle unruly customers, etc, etc   1 Answer

Electronics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Was easy mostly ethical questions, the supervisor who interviewed me was very friendly. They as question about how would you react when something happen and what if an angry customer came to you.

Electronics Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

had one interview and it was simple and straightforward. They interview you in a group, meaning you and like 3 managers. They ask basic questions like "if you were in a bad situation what would you do" or "name a time that you resolved a conflict"

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Shakopee, MN).

Interview

BEFORE the questions be sure to briefly mention about any skills that you have that are relevant to the job. Answer basic questions about your past experiences. If you have any gaps, use any reasonable answer, the only wrong answer is not having one. And I can't stress this enough, if you are not honest about when you are available and change it immediately, the system may not give you very many hours, and your supervisors will not like you.

Interview Questions

• People seem to always not include experience on their resume's, include EVERYTHING.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on hourly positions, I don't know about salary, but you CAN talk about promotions and different positions available.

Electronics Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was called within a few weeks for an interview. I originally interviewed with someone who was forced out of her position by a power-hungry assistant manager. Following that, I interviewed with an assistant manager. Both interviews were fairly easy and generic. It's been a while since all of this, so I don't remember much else.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult encounter with a customer?   Answer Question

Electronics Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart in April 2013.

Interview

I got called for an interview. I went in, and proceeded to go through two interviews in the same day, neither of which I feel had questions that were relevant or very enlightening to the interviewer. The first person who interviewed me was not part of the department I was interviewing for, nor had they had a good deal of experience with interviewing. The reason I know this is because they told me it was their second time ever interviewing someone. I found the process along with the material of the interview to be ridiculous. Each question had several questions contained within it, which was very confusing and hard to keep track of. Also, the questions were so vague that it was hard to develop cohesive answers to them. I was not even done after two interviews. I was scheduled to do a third interview, but I declined as I thought it was ridiculous to go through three interviews at a place where half the people I saw working looked like they didn't want to be there. Walmart, you need to rethink your process.

Interview Questions

• All of them were difficult. I cannot remember any specifics though, as they were mostly vague, run-of-the-mill interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Summerville, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

Pretty simple really.You fill in the application.You do so by going to a Kiosk usually set in the customer service area.You will receive a call to come in by a certain time for interview.(Important :Be on Time).They usually give you an interview.They may not call you back right away (for me it was a day or two between when I made the application and when they called me).If you get a call back to have a 2nd interview it's pretty safe to say you have the job.The second one is usually filling out the paperwork, doing your drug test, and getting the anti union stuff out the way.

Interview Questions

• They seemed to be fixated on whether or not you will go the extra mile for the company.So they may ask you to name a time when you did a extra project for your previous employer.Or can you tell me a time you've done more than what was expected of you on a project and what was the result?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Cypress, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied and about a week later i received a call back from the Personnel Office. Depending on if the store is hiring or not will determine how quickly they respond.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions. They just ask simple questions like: Describe a time you had to handle a difficult task, or if a customer is angry how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (York, PA) in February 2009.

Interview

I applied online and was called within a week and asked to interview the same day. I was offered the position, they called my references immediately, and asked me to come back to do paperwork and get form for drug test. I met the department manager and an assistant manager. I worked as a communications consultant and freelance designer for 20+ years, but had never worked retail. I had to provide answers to questions based upon my experience in other arenas, and found that my interviewers did not relate to the situations I described. I did
    not get "job credit" consideration on starting wage as 20+ years of professional self-employment was not considered applicable to this job.

Interview Questions

• How did you... Deal with a difficult customer. Act in a leadership role as part of a team. Provide good customer service. Solve an unexpected problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with regards to wage or position offered, even if there is more than one job open at the time of your interview.