Walmart Electronics Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

1.7

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Spokane, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online. Did an online assessment. Called 6 days later to come in for an interview. Met the asst manager. Asked a few questions. Explained bonuses and store policy's briefly.

After interview was taken to personnel to fill out paperwork, After background check will start with 2 days of orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer or a person in or outside the workplace. What was situation, what did you do and what was the result? ( STAR format)   Answer Question
  • On a scale from 1 to 10. Rate your sense of urgency? Why did you choose that number?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Glen Carbon, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Glen Carbon, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got a call within a few days. The interview seemed like more of a formality then anything. After the background check, it took a week and one day for a call to set up orientation.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They asked about previous work experience, some hypothetical situations, and then personality questions. They want to see that you are competent and willing to work with a team/follow instruction well. They encourage a positive attitude and a good work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you used to teamwork to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I was contacted via phone to set up an interview the following week. I met with the HR manager and the process was pretty simple. They asked the basic questions and I was able to talk to them about coming on as a current student and working with my school schedule.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to make a decision against the group majority   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Called at 9:00 AM, wanted to schedule interview next day at 3 PM. Agreed. Showed up at 3 PM as requested, met manager who said the Electronic Sales position was filled, but offered a job as a overnight stocker, at $1.50 an hour LESS pay than the Sales position. Asked what happened and was informed Sales position was filled previous day. Asked why they did not bother to call me to inform me. She did not have answer, just asked if I wanted to stock. Said was not interested and walked out the door.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I was called for an interview by a manager. I went into the interview with one manager. It was pretty easy basic question and lots of information on the position were given

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question
    • Name a time you gave outstanding customer service and tell me the steps you took   Answer Question

The insurance was what was an issue for me. The pay offered was compatible with other jobs in area.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Kansas City, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

Online application, online test, call for interview, interview, background check, finalize the contract, orientation, and start working.
    It was kind of very well prepared process, they know what they are looking for without wasting my and their time.

Interview Questions

• what kind of experience do you have regarding this position? and how?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Hooksett, NH).

Interview

Interviews took place over the course of one day, three interviews in total : HR interview then Department Manager interview then Assistant Manager interview, then went through drug test and background check which took about a week or two, overall it was a very simple and easy process, was offered $8.90 for an hourly wage and accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Very simple stuff. Applied online, was called the next day and asked to come in for an interview, I was honest and told them my availability and they worked with me to make sure the job I applied for would work, the HR pushed me in the direction of electronics due to my experience and their needs vs my availability.

Interview Questions

• "discuss a time when you went above and beyond for a customer"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Commerce, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Commerce, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy, I had experience with cashiering and high volume store before. My interviewer was friendly, however it changes due to which department you're looking to be hired in and the management rotation. I also had a friend working there who pestered them until I got the interview.