Walmart Electronics Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Electronics Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Palatine, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

It was pretty basic. It was a 2 step interview followed by a drug test. I met with a hiring manager who asked mostly questions about myself and my resume. They seemed very robotic with the template with not much room for personality. The second interview that followed after was with the Electronics department manager and they were a lot friendlier. They asked questions like "which is better, PS3 or Xbox360? Explain why." This gave more room for a discussion compared to the first manager. After about 30 minutes, the interview was over and he hired me on the spot. I had to take a drug test that same day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the department soon after I applied for an interview that went by quickly. A lot of the interview questions were geared towards hypothetical scenarios in the workplace in order to gauge how I would react or deal with those situations. Based on those answers, I was accepted to work in the department as a sales associate.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a particular situation with a customer, what would you tell them?   Answer Question

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2014.

Interview

I came in with my best business attire and a smile. I had two interviews on the same day. The first interview was the easiest the second interview was pretty daunting because I was asked questions pertaining to computer parts and their function and I was afraid of getting the questions wrong. But I pulled through and got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in and asks " What is that blue plug that connects the monitor to the computer" what would you tell them?   1 Answer

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They ask specific questions about job experience: Dealing with customers. name a situation when you were in a difficult situation and did not immediately have a clear answer-what did you do? Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer or co-worker, how did you handle it?

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were facing a situation in which there was no immediate solution. What did you do? How did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a set pay range and really do not negotiate beyond that. Starting pay in electronics ranged from $7.90-$9.00 to start

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, TX

Application

I interviewed at Walmart (Lancaster, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I had a friend that got hired there so I figured I'd apply and see what happens. I got called in a few days for an interview. Which was short and sweet with the typical questions. I was only offered an interview due to their original candidate failing a drug test.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I went in a met with 2 assistant managers for an interview, they were very friendly and nice.. interview was great they asked little questions and all were very easy.. management at that time tried their best to make me feel comfortable and make me laugh..

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to help a customer and why   Answer Question

Negotiation

very nice and welcoming

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I was asked to provide three interviews, which seemed extensive to me. I wore a tie to my interview, because I though that's what you're supposed to do. The person interviewing after me wore old jeans and a hoodie. I was quite surprised to see him in my orientation the next week.

Interview Questions

• The questions all seemed routine. They were your basic questions on leadership qualities, moral ideals and the like.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. They gave me a job and I took it.

Anonymous Employee in Cameron, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Cameron, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview was done with 3 different people at separate times face to face. Lots of "Describe a time when..." questions. After the interview the applicant is required to take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a team to solve a problem and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2008.

Interview

very straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Arlington, WA) in October 2010.

Interview

got interviewed by 2 different people ...it was simple they were very nice

Interview Questions

• they ask you the who want when and why questions......the one question that has like five questions in it....   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate at the time ....but I should have when they said what my pay was because come to find out another electronics associate worker made 50 cents more an hour than me and I had more experience