Walmart Interview Questions in Fayetteville, AR | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.9

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

My friend works as a recruiter, and since he knew I was recently laid off from a large corporation, he asked if I could fill in for somebody that was on maternity leave.

Fraud Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

Very brief and to the point. Mostly behavioral questions. Pretty straightforward. The panel was intimidating but welcoming if that's possible. Overall it was a nice experience and and expected. Was offered the job 2 days later

Interview Questions

• Have i ever been asked to do something unethical.   1 Answer

Call Center Supervisor/Optical Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Rogers, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a panel interview that consisted of two supervisors and one operations manager. Everybody was very nice but I left with the opinion that they are dumber than dirt when it comes to call centers. I had a list of questions to ask. Two of my questions the two supervisors couldn't answer. I could tell they couldn't answer the questions because of the dumb look they had on their face and then they turn to the operations manager for the answer and she just made up an answer. I know she made up the answers because I have eight years of call center management experience. I guess she lied so she would look good in front of her employees. If I wouldn't have needed a job so badly I would have declined right after the interview. I can't work for someone I don't respect. If they hired somebody under the age of 40, then they would be guilty of discrimination.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in October 2016.

Interview

We met at a career fair, I attended an information session, and gave a recruiter my resume. I heard back from them a couple of weeks later to do an interview. I received an interview over a live video chat. It went really well, and I heard back a week later that I would receive an offer.

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Was pretty basic scenario questions all tied to the competencies they sent to me beforehand. Judgement, influence and communicate, planning, etc... They like the star method, I would have 4-5 situations prepared you could spin different ways depending on what they ask you. That really helped me feel prepared for whatever they ask. Also I would know a little about Walmart's culture to stand out

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

The customer service representative called me back to the interview room and asked me serveral questions of interest. They acted as if they were genually interested in my opinion and how i felt about things. They showed an interest in my home and professional life. They treated me with respect and was very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• What was the hours that I would be comfortable working?   1 Answer

Facilitator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

walmart does behavioral based interview. its a series of 3 to 5 questions with two parts. the first part is a hypothetical questions, the second is an example question. most interviews are done with a panel of 2 to 5 people interviewers. each of the questions is based around core competences walmart values. best way to ace these interviews is to use whats called the S.T.A.R method.

Interview Questions

• A) You work for the walmart home office and you are touring a store. A customer comes up and asks you for a specific type of milk. how would you handle the situation. B) tell us about a time when you had to give an answer on a subject you knew very little about. What was the result   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

They use a panel of people to interview and use behavioral interview questions. Once you've had the pre-screen phone call they send you an email that contains several things. One thing included is a link to a video that explains how to best answer the questions in the interview. It also contains documents that will help you know what the questions may be directed to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a co-worker or direct report acted inappropriately and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Originally contacted by the recruiter, don't be nervous they're just trying to make sure you're not a waste of time to interview. Only had one interview, a 3 person panel of all buyers. They asked all situational questions, tell me a time you had to deal with x... Just answer with the STAR method. Situation, task, action, result. Have 3 or 4 anecdotes that you can spin to different types of questions, a time you had to work cross-functionally, a time you faced an ethical dilemma, time you didn't know how to do something but had to find the answer, etc...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work cross-functionally in your job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to lead a team on a project?   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

They already had someone picked out for the job and were just going through the motions. Kind of wasted my time. They hire family and friends before those who are actually qualified.