Walmart Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.0

152 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone to come in for an interview about a week later. On the day of the interview, I met with the managers. It was a very comfortable setting and they really tried to make me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that makes you a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Deli/Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online and the next day the nearby Walmart contacted me in regards to a job offer.

The interview process was easy and pleasant. I met with one of the managers to discuss the job position as well as my expectations for the job. Afterwards, I was taken to the store manager for a second interview. Both managers were very nice and even offered me another job opening as well in case I didn't want to work in the Deli or Bakery section. It is very motivating to see employers care about the happiness of their employees or potential employees.

After the interviews were completed, I was given some paperwork to fill out at home and bring to orientation. I also had to submit an approval for Walmart to do a background check, which was easy and returned to the managers at Walmart very quickly.

Overall, I would have to say this was the best interview experience I have every had and I look forward to working with the company.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose your ideal position at this store, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Cleveland, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was smooth but I also worked part time in personnel and at my particular location, they say they don't discriminate against people who need days off but they do prefer people to have open schedules. You'll be more likely to be hired.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Cypress, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview hours needed pay scale wanted .experience in stocking...years in forklift operating. Gets along with others. Hours wanted full or part time.drug test .aptitude test. Background check. Always follows directions.will dill in where needed.

Interview Questions

• How do you get a long with other people doing the same job?   1 Answer
    • Doyou have a problem following directions? Can you lead others on projects.   1 Answer
    • I always get to work on time and stay longer if needed   1 Answer
    • Do you have problems getting along with others   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a hard time finding the place for one, it was quiet and pretty decent. But I did go and interview, but they told me that I would have to call when the place opens up, since I am applying to be a cashier, but it doesn't add up because why would you give me an interview if you can't hire me...but that's my opinion

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

it's was very easy because they were asking questions about my views on education but after is was unsettling because i didn't know if i would be accepted

Interview Questions

• if you can be any animal what would it be   1 Answer

Meat Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Katy, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, about a month later they called me for an interview. I went in and sat with the assistant manager and he asked me about my availability and past work experience. After that we went to another room where a the co-manager was and they asked me if i wanted the deli position or meat sales position. I took the meat sales position. She then gave me a brief description of the job but gave me a paper that had more detail. They then set me up for a background check and told me once it was done they would call me for orientation.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with an upset customer, who did you involve, and hat was the outcome?   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

It's simple and straightforward interview. I like the interviewer who gives me a pleasant atmosphere, more casual discussion. He knows I don't have much experience and he's willing to train me. I'm glad I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Cypress, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very fast, within a few days. They first called me and had a phone screen where they asked me a few questions about my availability. Then we scheduled an in-person interview, where they then asked me why I think I would be a good fit, what am I looking for as far as growth, things like that. Lastly, by the third or forth day the called me to tell me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do I think I'll be a good fit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Galveston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

It was fast as I have worked for Sam's Club years ago. Great experience. The manager made a lot of eye contact as I did also. She was very warm and made you feel completely comfortable.