Walmart Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.0

Meat Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Katy, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, about a month later they called me for an interview. I went in and sat with the assistant manager and he asked me about my availability and past work experience. After that we went to another room where a the co-manager was and they asked me if i wanted the deli position or meat sales position. I took the meat sales position. She then gave me a brief description of the job but gave me a paper that had more detail. They then set me up for a background check and told me once it was done they would call me for orientation.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with an upset customer, who did you involve, and hat was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Pearland, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied then I called in about two days later. They called me back the same day then we set up an appointment. During the interview I was asked what my availability was then I was hired. I was hired during inventory time so it took about 1 week until I was able to come in for my paperwork.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Katy, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call went in that day very quick interview they have to do a background check before they offer you a job it seems to take forever g

Interview Questions

• what was the best thing I had done as far as customer service   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first applied over two weeks ago and received a phone call from them last week. I did a brief phone screen and scheduled my interview for two days later as I had appointments to go to. The day of the interview comes and I arrive 15 mins earlier than my expected time , went to customer service and told them I was there to do a interview . Was led to the back area and waited OVER 45 minutes just to do a 5 minute interview in which I was only asked one question. Seriously if you get a call back you pretty much have the job . Every thing about them is about customer service and if you haven't worked before just make up a story about how you went out of your way to help someone . After that I was told to sign background papers and no they do not drug test ! Employment is pending background check .

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you went out of your way to help a customer or other employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job pending background outcome .

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was pretty easy they justbask you normal interviews questions like other interviews questions like other job very eady jobob very eady jobinterviews questions like other interviews questions like other job very eady jobob very eady job

Interview Questions

• Why should i hire you
      Tell me about yourselves
      1 Answer

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process Was Very Easy. It Was Very Short. She Ask Basic Questions. She Explained To Me The Role Of The Position I Applied For. I Signed To Have A Background Check Done And It Was Over. She Told I Should Expect A Call For Orietation In Two Days.

Apparel-Home Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willis, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Willis, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the position at the Conroe, TX store on N.Loop 336 and got a call the next day. Showed up early. My name was called out (she might as well yelled "Next"). There was no introduction, no "Hi, my name is.....", nothing, follow me. Then I'm asked, "So you're here for a cashier position?" I said no, I applied for X. Whoever the lady was cause I don't know her name says, "that position isn't open" and walked out of the room and said "I'll be right back". I've worked retail 31 years. I also gave her my resume and she didn't even look at it. She said "I'll put this in your file." As a former manager, I have never witnessed such unprofessional conduct from an HR rep or manager/supervisor. I'm completely flabbergasted! Is this how Walmart became so successful? Wow!

Interview Questions

• So you're here for a cashier position?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Behavioral and technical interviews. String manipulation questions with dynamic programming and resume walkthrough. Asked about the projects I have worked on and previous experience. Overall experience was good. The recruiter were super helpful.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation questions with dynamic programming   Answer Question

Overnight Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

General questions like any experience? why do you want to work here? Etc...
    Signed documents
    Drug test
    Went over pay grade
    Went over schedule
    Briefly about safety and rules
    Answered general questions I had about the company, my pay, my hours, my position.
    I was introduced to other staff like personnel (pretty much HR), other associates, and some of the managers
    It was a group interview so the entire group was given a tour of the entire store, from the back all the way to the front.
    I think pretty much everyone that was at that interview got a job and was scheduled right away.
    If not they probably failed the drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted. There was no negotiation phase.

Training Tools Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Phone screen.
    2. 2nd phone screen.

First, I was called in order to verify that I would interview and relocate at my own expense. Seemed a bit weird, but I went along with it. Fairly straight forward interview process, but I had to follow up with them in order to get a status update on my candidacy for the position. Despite not moving forward, I expected a little bit more than radio silence from WalMart Ecommerce.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to interview and relocate at your own expense?   Answer Question