Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,501 Interview Reviews

2.2

6,501 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Really quick, regular questions like whether or not I can work holiday, they were short staffed so asked about how many hours I could work. Typical "describe a time you went above and beyond."

Anonymous Employee in Pascagoula, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Pascagoula, MS).

Interview

Easy Interview. Simple questions that require little to no advanced preparation. Short and sweet. Manager hiring for the position I went in for was not there so I interviewed with another manager.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you had a small problem and prevented it from becoming a bigger problem.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I got a call from personnel to come in for an interview, went in and went to the location I was told to in the back of the store and waited to be called into the personnel office. Once called in I was briefly interviewed by the Cashier manager (only about 3 questions) and filled out some paperwork. Then I was taken around the registers and the manager told me the basics of the job and asked me if I had any questions. After that the interview was over and I was told if I got the position I would receive a call in the next 3 days.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Smyrna, DE).

Interview

Applied online, got called for an interview, they checked references the next day, called me in to sign paperwork and gave me papers for drug test. Within the week I got an offer!

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to work in hot conditions?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Very simple. They called to set up a panel interview with the Market that you are going to be in. This includes a two panel process with Store Managers. Simple questions and nothing hard, just be at ease while answering and be thoughtful of what you are going to say. I got a call from home office and a job offer two days after.

Interview Questions

Interview

You feel out the application on line and take a test if you pass it the next step is a Phone Interview with store manager. They training is great they teach you the Wal-Mart way of doing business.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Interview

I applied online to multiple stores and received a call from a hiring manager a week later for an interview the next day.

I went in for the interview, was asked one question, went over some information on my application, and then they went over basic company policies with me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond with customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process was very fast. I applied online and received a call back the very next day. I went to my interview but it was not so much an interview as a "sign these forms" meeting. I signed the necessary forms, was told my starting pay rate, ($10.00 hourly), and went home. Later, I was emailed my background check consent form, approved it, and once he form was finished was called in for orientation.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions other than "Do you have any questions?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

The process was very easy. The manager was nice and positive. Sadly there was a chance of management. Was hired in an instant that day and this is my first job

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience that you did valuable customer service   Answer Question