Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,958 Interview Reviews

2.2

6,958 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Very easy, they wanted to fill the positions quickly. They asked 3 questions I answered briefly and it was done. They weren't interested in the answers or a conversation it was literally a basic question and answer format.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oswego, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Oswego, IL).

Interview

My interview was done infront of a panel of supervisors at first. They took turns asking very canned questions and rating my answers on a sheet of paper. I was then interviewed by 3 assistant managers who did the same process. A sheet of paper with canned questions and they rated my answers. Finally you are interviewed by either a co manager or the store manager who once again does the same thing. They have since eliminiated the first step of being interviewed by the supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled it   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was a fairly easy phone interview. They asked you the basic interview questions. They were mainly on customer service and leadership. I made it to the interview after the phone interview but I realized that this job was not for me , so I did not set up a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cockeysville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Cockeysville, MD).

Interview

They contacted me & I went to the store for an interview - spoke with the manager & one of his head cashiers. Following the results of a drug test (passed), I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• (I had retail experience, so they asked) Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation with a customer and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Was not really any questions. Pretty much asked if i would show up to work and if I was willing to do my job without complaining. They did not seem to care that I was there or what I could do.

Remodel Crew Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Went in and put in my application for any job. The hr manager called in a manager. She ask me one question and hired me inmediately for the remodel crew.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You will do a one on one interview with a manager or personnel. Very standard questions. As long as you have a decent response and dress appropriately, you'll get the second interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Call for interview, you arrive on-time for interview, but make you wait well past scheduled interview time while managers do something else. Then rudely ignore that fact, no respect for interviewee's time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story about how you went above and beyond to make a customer happy?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to quit your job?   Answer Question

Produce Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bremen, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Bremen, GA).

Interview

Had a one on one interview with the department manager, then an immediate group interview with three managers higher up. Received an immediate offer. Started the following Monday with orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with difficult people.   Answer Question