Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,156 Interview Reviews

2.2

6,156 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Cashier Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Negotiation

See you Monday.

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Oceanside, CA).

Interview

Called in for first interview. A week later called back and had 2 more interviews. Not difficult. Typical 'name a time when you had to manage competing priorities,' things along that line.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out a employee was stealing?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I Set up an interview at Walmart and when I showed up and they said we have no interview set up for today. I ask to speak to the hiring manager the said they were gone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Marshall, IL).

Interview

We sat, she looked over my application and resume, and said I needed a little more experience, but would get a call back within a week. She seemed like she could care less and was in a hurry to get it over with.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I waited about 2 weeks. After that I got a call for an interview, later on I went to the interview. It went well, they asked me some questions, some questions were hard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I was contacted via phone to set up an interview the following week. I met with the HR manager and the process was pretty simple. They asked the basic questions and I was able to talk to them about coming on as a current student and working with my school schedule.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to make a decision against the group majority   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Applied online , went Walmart to check in-person , got interview the other day and after first interview they asked me to come 2 days later for an orientation which took about 4 hours.

GM Support Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

In the interview they only ask one question about customer service- and nothing relevant to what they are looking for. Several co-managers had a meeting to discuss filling the postion. Only one applicant works closely with a co-manager. They ended up giving that person the position despite being with the company for the shortest amount of time and having no training in GM. Two other applicants had been with the company for several years and were trained in every area of GM, one of them did not even get interviewed. Moral of the story- you need to work closely with those that hire for particular positions or you will simply be overlooked.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you gave above and beyond customer service to an external customer or an employee.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The first interview was very brief and simple, and I was only asked one interview question. I was called in for a second interview the next day, and it basically just consisted of reviewing my responsibilities and preparing for upcoming orientation.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond to provide great customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cloquet, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Cloquet, MN).

Interview

Filled out the initial application, followed by a short interview with a manager, came back a few days later for another interview, scheduled for a drug test, once the test results came back (in maybe 3 or 4 days) employment offer

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit for the position, role playing in customer service scenarios   Answer Question