Walmart Front-end Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Front-end Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Grand Forks, ND).

Interview

They just ask basic question regarding my past experiences and future plans. For front end cashier position, they expect you to have high school level of education and skills.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Walmart?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Katy, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call went in that day very quick interview they have to do a background check before they offer you a job it seems to take forever g

Interview Questions

• what was the best thing I had done as far as customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

When I went in for my interview they seem to be in need of employees. They interviewed me in the back, asked me for my IDs and if I was allowed to work in the US. Also inquired when I could start. They hired me on the spot and then just needed me to get a drug test. Once I did that, I was hired and immediately went into training a few days later.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied online. They called me about two days later and asked me to come in for an interview. They tell you to go to customer service but customer service sends you to the back. I got there super early. This was my first ever job interview. The manager went ahead and took me back early. She asked me 2 questions, I told her I was super nervous she was very nice about it. She asked me name a time you took leadership skills and name a time you worked through a problem. Then she fast tracked me to the 2nd interview which was with one of the 3 co managers who are 2nd to the store manager. She asked me a few more questions, nothing too difficult. Then she had me sit outside and wait for her to call my references. After she finally got in touch with my 2 references, she had me come in and she had a computer and she told
    me to hit a button and it came up with "MY NAME accepted job offer" then I had to enter some information and then they gave me a packet to go do my drug test. Went and did that the next day they called me and told me to come in for orientation two days later. If you get called by Walmart for an interview, you're probably getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you used leadership skills. What was the situation? How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had a conflict and worked to find a solution. What was the situation? How did it go? What steps did you take to find this solution?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Shreveport, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very brief. I was asked average interview questions. The company mostly wanted to know about the experience you have for the job you applied for. It was an easy interview

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have as a cashier?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they called me a few days later and we set up an interview. Walked to the back where layaway is done and told the dept manager that I was there for an interview and waited for another manager. He then walked me to the back in one of the offices and asked me about availability, past jobs and talked about their point system for attendance which is very strict which is why most people get terminated. He then made me sign a piece of paper and had me wait until personnel was ready for me. Then I was directed to another office which I signed my job offer papers and my back ground check and was told when my background check comes back they will call and I will start orientation.

Interview Questions

• What interests me about working for Walmart?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Terre Haute, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

My grandfather, who works at Walmart told me to call the Personnel office to hopefully obtain an interview due to the massive hiring they're doing to get ready for the holiday. I called them right after school on a Friday (10/21) and got an interview scheduled for the following Tuesday (10/25) at 4pm.

There was someone already waiting before I arrived therefore I waited a couple of minutes and was called back by the Assistant Manager. Surprisingly I was not asked any questions but briefed on the job and my hours available to work. She then took me to the Personnel Manager and had me complete some paperwork and accept the job offer.

They called me the following Wednesday (11/02) to do some pre-orientation paperwork. They had me sign a document stating that it was my hiring date. After I completed some paperwork, they told me orientation would start the following Wednesday (11/09) due to my availability (and being a minor).

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There was 2 interviews, one from the front end Customer Service Manager and another one from the Eye Center Manager. Both were done on the same day. It was easy and fast, mostly because it was just a cashier position. Could never get enough cashiers.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time in a previous job that you took any shortcuts? If so, what was your shortcuts and why did you take them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first applied over two weeks ago and received a phone call from them last week. I did a brief phone screen and scheduled my interview for two days later as I had appointments to go to. The day of the interview comes and I arrive 15 mins earlier than my expected time , went to customer service and told them I was there to do a interview . Was led to the back area and waited OVER 45 minutes just to do a 5 minute interview in which I was only asked one question. Seriously if you get a call back you pretty much have the job . Every thing about them is about customer service and if you haven't worked before just make up a story about how you went out of your way to help someone . After that I was told to sign background papers and no they do not drug test ! Employment is pending background check .

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you went out of your way to help a customer or other employee?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job pending background outcome .

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I showed up for the interview about thirty minutes early and I got called in eventually. They started off by reviewing my application and got a couple of signatures from me. Then they asked me one simple question and told me I'd be sent to a second interview in a few minutes. Instead I was called by some other management and asked to consent to a background check. This interview was easy and I got the job! I am pending background check and should be getting a call for orientation by next week!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer?   Answer Question