Walmart Front-end Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

1.8

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Richmond, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was quick and fast. She asked me 3 questions and that was it. They have you sign your availability and job application. Called me 2 days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Made me sit outside waiting almost 40 minutes past the time we agreed to meet. Then brought me in the back office to wait another 30 minutes and then finally interviewed me for 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my past jobs and what I thought costumer service was   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes early. Interviewed with assistant manager for about 15 minutes. Super nice and very enthusiastic about the company. Offered me a second interview with store manager and of course I said yes. So she scheduled second interview. Not sure yet if I got job until second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Do you want to work at Walmart in hopes of advancing to higher position?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

3 interviews. For min wage job. Not given close to what was offered. Feel lied to and used. Management was nice. Then once hired. Your ignored. Sam would not be happy.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. Very professional. The manager that interviewed me was very patient and ask a lot of questions. He also seen that i can go very far within the company and he also explained to me that at Walmart you kinda start at the bottom and work your way up and move around within the company it totally up to your potential.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied online and I received a phone call from the company within a week. Since the store I applied for was brand new, I was told to go to their temporary hiring center located across the street for an interview. It was a three part hiring process which consisted of two interviews and one day for orientation. We also had to take a drug test at a nearby medical center and a background test was performed.

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond to assist a customer at your previous workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbia, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

You come in for an interview two days after you receive a callback. They go through paperwork including all the information that was given in the application to make sure that it's all correct. They ask about any gaps in your work history.. Then they ask you one interview question. After, you're instantly hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided great customer service ti a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Grand Forks, ND).

Interview

They just ask basic question regarding my past experiences and future plans. For front end cashier position, they expect you to have high school level of education and skills.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Walmart?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Victorville, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Staff and managers were very welcoming and polite and made sure they introduce them selves to me also the store manager was there to welcome you a great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Do I feel comfortable as a front cashier?
      Tell me a little about yourself?
      Do you want to take a walk to the front to see if it's right for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Katy, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call went in that day very quick interview they have to do a background check before they offer you a job it seems to take forever g

Interview Questions

• what was the best thing I had done as far as customer service   Answer Question