Walmart Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Pembroke Pines, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick and simple, they asked basic questions it was not a headache you basically have the job once they call for an interview, just don't stress over it and be honest with every thing they ask for and you'll have to sign multiple papers .

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interview process was very easy the manager who interviewed me was very friendly and outgoing. I enjoyed talking to them and they answered every question that I had during the interview.This was a quick and easy process after they offered the job I had to go immediately and get a drug test done.

Interview Questions

• Are you available and willing to work thanksgiving and other holidays?   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Interview

I got there 30 minutes early,there was 4 other people there also waiting for an interview.Finally after waiting for an hour,she called us one at a time.I reviewed my online application to make sure it was all correct.Then she asked me about 3 questions,and was directed to go back and wait for other manager.She had no personality whatsoever.The other manager told me they would call me after all interviews were finished.She also told the others the same.So that first manager should have told us that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time another employee had a disagreement with you and what you did to resolve it.   1 Answer
    • you have a project to complete before going home,how did you complete it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Mesa, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I got there and had a pretty basic interview, they asked me a few questions to get to know me, and then asked me four questions pertaining life examples. Then they told me that they'll pass me onto the second interview and to go wait in the pick-up area. Then someone else came and got me and I had a second interview right then. They asked me basically the same thing, and then four more questions. Then they said that they would call my references and then talk to me again after. When I went back into the room I got hired on the spot. I had to fill out some paperwork and go do a drug test right after. Then they said that they would call the next week to talk about the orientation.

Interview Questions

• The last question they asked me was what was one of the most challenging situations I had to deal with at work, and how did I resolve it. This question they said that most people try to blow it off and say something like, "I've never had to do anything like that" Don't do that, just be honest, and really think about a difficult example, all of your answers to the interview questions can be either life experiences or job experiences. They are really willing to work with you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. You meet one on one with one of the managers or recruiters. The interview consists of a review of your resume and you are asked some questions about your skills and some behavioral questions.

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was very simple. It was one on one and I was asked 5 questions off a piece of paper, she rated me on each answer. It took maybe 15 minutes. She then had me sign consent for a background check and sent me to get my drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you set a deadline for yourself and made a plan to get it done.   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Interview

I filled an application online an not even 24hrs got a call for a cashier position. I was there foe an hour maybe more but only because they where busy and i got hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• what was ibe time you had to gather info and xomplete a task   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was my first job so i just accepted everything lol

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Oakland, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

horrible and really personal. guy was weird and far too interested in cats and their really "fascinating" tails, paws and ears. Ew.. Hahaha. Hope this helps, glad it's nice and genial. yeah.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Woodbridge, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Questions are tpo long and vague. They keep repeating the same questions with numerous variations. It has the interviewee going around in circles. There was three panel interview. Then they ca you back for a final interview wi th one individual.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you went about the call of duty. Tell me about atime when you had to come up with a solution to a problem. Who did you consult. How did you reaear h the problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. The offer is the same for everyone. Experience doesn't matter. Education doesn't matter as well. Raises are annyal and based on reviews. Good to get a pisitive review in order to get promoted

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to do testing and the typical personality rubric. After that had a 1:1 casual interview with one of the managers. Fairly easy interview overall, they are just looking for people to fill the spots, nothing special.