Walmart Any Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.3

Any Position Available Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Moscow, ID) in May 2016.

Interview

I didn't apply for any particular job. I applied for all the jobs.
    A day after I put in my application, I got a call asking me to come in for an interview the next day.

The interview consisted mostly of me looking over my application to make sure everything was correct. I got a call two days after the first interview to come in for a second interview.

On the second interview, I was told about my job duties, the job hours and the pay. He said he would give me a call to come back and fill out the job offer paperwork as soon as he talked with his manager.

Later on that same day, he called to say he got me pushed through and that I could come in immediately to fill out the paperwork for a background check. I went back to Walmart for the second time that day. When I finished, he said I would get a call for orientation when my background check came back.

Two days later, I got the call to come in for orientation in two days. The whole process from first interview to orientation took a week.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when you helped a customer."   1 Answer

Any Available, Hired for Grocery Side Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pryor, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Pryor, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick and efficient, interviewing manager was pleasant and upfront about potential difficulties related to the job. They went through the job they were interviewing me for with great detail. I was very satisfied with how thorough it was. The interview itself was very easy and i was made to feel welcome while i was there

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you went above and beyond in helping a customer at a former job?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I was lied to in the interview and training process repeatedly. They do not care about health issues, disabilities, school or family obligations. They are very uninformative. They hire people for one job, but change it in orientation, or hire you and you find out what the job is in orientation. Orientation is not standardized. It can be 30 minutes to 8 hours. It veries greatly on what is included. Everyone had a different story, and all complained they were lied to and not at all prepared for the actual job. The interview is long and over involved, and you have to answer all of the numerous questions from the application all over again, plus many more, and retake the personality test, in person.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Quick and simple. They asked a variety of questions to get to know me better asking me to go take a drug test at my local doctors office. Everything else was a piece of cake from there on. CBLS were long but were not hard and overall everything was very easy

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart (Sterling Heights, MI).

Interview

Application on computer- some steps were somewhat difficult to understand and had to stop employees for help in order to continue, drug test- had to re-do 3 times, personal interview-1/2 hour or so, then 2-3 day paid orientation, tour of facility. This process did require a little time to get through.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle (various) certain situations with a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager asked lots of questions to see if you are able to handle certain physical task, as well as if you will remain calm if you had to help an irate customer and if your time available meets their requirements.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

First interview they asked you about certain senarios and what you would do in those senarious, second interview was the same questions, job title, pay rate, and when you were gonna start orientation.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a rude costumer   1 Answer

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2015.

Interview

Be prepared to talk about yourself or show some sort of drive. Most people just think they can ask for a job and be given it. Coorpotations want to hire people that want to work for them.. don't waist their time showing. Up in jeans and being unresponsive. Sure you want the job because you have bills but I don't want to hire you unless you make me care about those bills too. Be personable and ready to go throu two interviews, one with the hourly supervisior who is basically screening for the salary management so that their time isn't waisted. If you pass those be prepared to drug test today....as soon as u leave . You won't get a second chance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you wet above and. Beyond to help a customer   1 Answer

Any Available Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Bakersfield, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

the interview was pleasant. The hiring staff were very polite and the wait for the interview was not to long. The interview was good I got hired the next day.

Anonymous Employee in West Plains, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (West Plains, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Kind and understanding management that helped me get to know my workplace better. Explained the working conditions, and how to act to represent Walmart correctly. They ask you a few questions; such as: have you ever been convicted of a felony, are or were you ever excessively violent before, how do you work with others, what do you have an interest in if you are to work here, and it's pretty much the same thing as any other job interview.

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Clarksville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

They asked a bunch of random questions. I straight up told them I was nervous and sucked at interviews. Lol. I also told them which jobs I preferred and any problems I had (seizures).