Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in North Adams, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (North Adams, MA).

Interview

Answering 5 questions that are quite the same just repeated in a different way. 2, if available, Managers asking the repetitive questions for the 1st sitting. You are then scored by the interviewers and you wait out of the office until they decide yes or nay! It then goes to a 2nd sitting with the same basic questions done by an Assistant Manager, and a Dept Manager. The questions are then again scored and the same task of leaving office and being called back in if hired. If you go forward to the 3rd interview, you talk to the store Manager or other Assistant, given a yes or no and then do drug testing.

Interview Questions

• If in my past jobs if I had a problem with a customer, how did I handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Concord, NC).

Interview

The interviewing process begins with a call to arrange interview, meeting with several lower management, and as you are approved upon you tend to interview and meet more upper management.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation and how would you handle the process and what would be your outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Interview

Asked basic star model questions (beginning middle end results) they like to see how you can handle problems. Dress the part for the interview. There's usually 2 people in the room.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a customer happy. What did you do and what was the result   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Decatur, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

i was asked one question. They acted like they were going to hire me until their boss reminded them that they had to do at least 3 people an interview. The Woman told me they would call me on Monday (this was on a Friday) and let me know either way. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm still waithing on that call!

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that i have done while employed that i was proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Westfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Westfield, IN).

Interview

It wasn't really an interview. That asked me a few basic questions and then I filled out paper wor and get me set up for orientation and to fill out more paper work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Port Saint Lucie, FL).

Interview

Requires lots of tests and computer training programs. Basic common sense knowledge. Asks silly questions about what you would do inot certain situations. They give you different scenarios and problems and ask you about what and how you would fix or better the issue.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with ano angry customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Good very easy questions. There were 5 questions attached to each of the main questions so it made it very hard to remember was information the need to know in my answer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an angry customer?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Only one question is asked now, but more in-depth. Also was asked about work history with the company, but that is not the question the paperwork gives. Was very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer and/or fellow associate.   Answer Question

Health Beauty Cosmetics Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Cranston, RI).

Interview

Interview Process went very smooth.If you don't let your nerves get the best of you answer all question, be very honest.Hiring process and training when completed,you knew exactly what Wal-MART expected of you!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself,what are your weakness and why do you want to work for Wal-Mart   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel Interview same questions to every candidate in regards to customer service. Panel of 3 associate's and salaried members of management. No right or wrong answer. Always hiring for cashiers and stockers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Contingent upon competitive drug and background check