Walmart Maintenance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.1

Overnight Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neosho, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Neosho, MO).

Interview

Put in an application online then called them a couple days later and they scheduled an interview a couple days later. Super easy interview with two managers, very relaxed and a light atmosphere. Questions where super easy and they only asked me two or three

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Murfreesboro, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Received a very prompt phone call from them day after applying.
    Prompt response after leaving a message with them. I was able to get an interview the following day after our second correspondence; that has rarely happened to me. No less than a couple of days later was I offered a position on the team.

Interview Questions

• Have you previously been employed with Walmart?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you delivered exceptional customer service inside or outside the job field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great experience during this faze. If there's anything I would pay attention to it would be this: You will have more than one opportunity to alter your work schedule if you want to.

Maintenance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in May 2016.

Interview

I applied and about a week or so later, I was called in for an interview. I had my interview the next day. It was fairly simple. I was waiting, and a lot of people stopped to ask me what I was interviewing for, and were surprised that I was a girl about to be hired for maintenance. I was told I'd probably start out as maintenance, but then they'd move me to a different department. Maintenance is like a stepping stone I guess. When the hiring manager spoke to me, he basically just had me sign a lot of contracts and make sure everything was correct with my application. Then he asked me one question which he said was the standard required question at Wal Mart. I think he gave me a "B" on my answer. After that, he sent me to a facility for a drug test, which I would have legally 24 hours to go take. He told me they'd call me and talk to me in about a week about my schedule and everything, so I'm waiting for Friday.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer, coworker, or friend. What were the actions taken? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Got there when I was supposed to and had to wait 45 minutes for the manager to arrive to interview me. He briefly explained the duties for the job. His only question was whether I had any questions. Very easy interview. Basically just filled out paperwork and talked about the job. Had to do a drug test the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Port Charlotte, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very nice and friendly,and it took me an hour or less Thank to the Management in the store. most of the time was spent on paperwork and the drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on pay or hours.

Overnight Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparta, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Sparta, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

It wasn't too hard. They ask the typical questions you would usually ask for an interview. I got interviewed by 2 different managers. Took about an hour or so. Drug tested afterwards at different facility.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond to help a customer or somebody in need?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy they asked me a few questions on my life an how I do with people! An asked about my last job an my work experience! How long I would like too keep my job

Interview Questions

• How was my customer experience with people!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Garden Grove, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very standard. They will ask case-scenario questions from a list. Fortunately, based on how well I answered, they gave me a cashier position instead of the maintenance position. I got the job offer on the spot after the interview and required that I take a drug screen test if I accepted the job offer. They warned that I would be unable to apply again for a year if i fail the drug test or fail to take it within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a problem and used your experience to solve the issue.   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Birmingham, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was formal, personal, & one on one. It was very straight forward & to the point. It was very detailed with all the information needed to get started working

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in stripping & waxing floors   1 Answer

The pay

Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Morgan Hill, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was transferred to a different store location and the interview process went very smoothly. I met with the assistant manager 1-1 and he was very friendly and accommodating. I was able to move from one store to the other in about one week due to relocation. The associates were very kind and helpful along with the quick process.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working in maintenance and how can you contribute to Walmart?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered $1 more to transfer due to the higher county tax rates.