Walmart Receiving Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.2

Receiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grantsville, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Grantsville, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

All it was was a Physical Assessment to ensure that I could perform the job duties. I mostly saw it as a physical challenge and killed it. If you get to the Physical Assessment it seems like you've got the job if you pass. Really if you're in decent shape then you shouldn't have a problem with the Assessment.

Shipper/Receiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooksville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Brooksville, FL).

Interview

Application process was lengthy. It took them over a month to contact for the interview. I went to the facility where they gave me a tour of the building and area I would be working in. Explained how things worked etc... explained there was a heavy workload, long hours etc...

Interview Questions

• what is your biggest accomplishment and where do you plan to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Newport News, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

come with 2 form of ID and they will ask u some questio. and they all so ask me what do i have to bring to the company that will help better te company

Backroom Receiving/Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Dumfries, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

HR hires you and places you based on where they want you, not the position you applied for. I never even received an interview they just called me and told me I had the job. I didn't even apply or the unloading position. I wanted to be a cashier.

General Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Auburn, IN).

Interview

Walk in and apply, or apply online. You get called in and sit down for the short interview. Then you get hired on the spot like everyone else that comes in through the door.

Interview Questions

• Are you breathing? Are you willing to work like a dog for below minimum wage? If yes, then you're hired!!!!   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was a joke! when I was told that the wage offered was below the state minimum. I made the effort to negotiate up to the state minimum, and I was then told that the asking wage was unacceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied late on a Thursday night, got a call that Friday, interviewed the following Tuesday. I arrived right on time and was told to wait for the interviewer. Wasn't long before I was taken back to their office. Questions were extremely basic behavioral and experience based. Most of them were just the same couple questions worded slightly differently. I answered 9 questions total between two separate interviewers. I received an offer on the spot, pending the usual background check and drug test results. Everyone I dealt with was friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed - exactly what you'd expect for this sort of position. I was in and out in an hour flat.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you faced and what steps did you take to overcome it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What was a time you dealt with an angry customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What was a problem you faced and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Receiving Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Independence, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

They used a canned set of 4 questions. Like, "describe a time in a past work environment when you encountered a problem you didn't know how to handle, and explain what you did to solve it." Since it was within the company, (store), and the candidates were limited, it was more of a formality.

Interview Questions

• "describe a time in a past work environment when you encountered a problem you didn't know how to handle, and explain what you did to solve it."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard pay

Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Georgetown, DE) in August 2014.

Interview

Apply online and get a call after week for interview. Three managers interview one on one in same day. Not hard questions all normal day to day experience. Good and friendly place.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Oakland, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Funny thing that it took 3 days to get me hard first day I came in I put in application online and one of the managers in the back he seen me doing an application and you told me that if I wanted to work here and then and I said yes so then he told me that I will be I will be hired second day of the interview process the interview process went great they asked me if I can get 50 pounds he asked me if you know it like if I have a good attitude with customers with coworkers so that the other day I got I got a drug screen test and I passed it and then I was able to work on the next day and it was great the interview process went great it was faster than I thought I guess I would just like lucky to get a job

Interview Questions

• So why did he choose to work here   1 Answer

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I applied and never heard a response for two or so weeks. I called and asked to speak with
    a manager and was able to talk to her about my position sits for the application. She said she would put it on top and called me back two days later for an interview. I had to pass a drug test at the end for approval of employment.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a frustrated customer came to you about a problem and a manager was not around?   1 Answer