Walmart Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Cottonwood, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewer asks you to sit, they don't gen stand up and ask you a series of questions about customer service and return policies and various scenarios. Salaried management did the interview, they asked questions that gave me the idea they were looking for a thick skinned bouncer, not a sympathetic ear so the customer feel heard. It seemed as if management didn't seem to care much for the return process. Lastly there were important questions along the lines of handling money.

Interview Questions

• Customer returns the bones of a fully eaten chicken and claims it tasted gross   1 Answer

Cap Team Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Monroe, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Before i was promoted to cap supervisor i was interviewed. The interview process was between me my Co and Store manager and they basically told me how proud they were with my work ethic and would like to introduce this new position to me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what makes me stand out and why do i think i could do this job   1 Answer

Call Center Supervisor/Optical Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rogers, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Rogers, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a panel interview that consisted of two supervisors and one operations manager. Everybody was very nice but I left with the opinion that they are dumber than dirt when it comes to call centers. I had a list of questions to ask. Two of my questions the two supervisors couldn't answer. I could tell they couldn't answer the questions because of the dumb look they had on their face and then they turn to the operations manager for the answer and she just made up an answer. I know she made up the answers because I have eight years of call center management experience. I guess she lied so she would look good in front of her employees. If I wouldn't have needed a job so badly I would have declined right after the interview. I can't work for someone I don't respect. If they hired somebody under the age of 40, then they would be guilty of discrimination.

Apparel-Home Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willis, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Willis, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the position at the Conroe, TX store on N.Loop 336 and got a call the next day. Showed up early. My name was called out (she might as well yelled "Next"). There was no introduction, no "Hi, my name is.....", nothing, follow me. Then I'm asked, "So you're here for a cashier position?" I said no, I applied for X. Whoever the lady was cause I don't know her name says, "that position isn't open" and walked out of the room and said "I'll be right back". I've worked retail 31 years. I also gave her my resume and she didn't even look at it. She said "I'll put this in your file." As a former manager, I have never witnessed such unprofessional conduct from an HR rep or manager/supervisor. I'm completely flabbergasted! Is this how Walmart became so successful? Wow!

Interview Questions

• So you're here for a cashier position?   1 Answer

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Williamsburg, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was a phone interview with multiple parties. The questions were not based on what my qualifications were or my experience. They are the "box" questions many ask now to not get into problems with the EEOC.

Field Project Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Athens, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The process took a little bit due to applying during the end of year close to Christmas. Interview was very direct to the point and the recruiter was very helpful. Its ok to pause for a second to think over the question rather than alots of umms and ands.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if budget was cut by 20% and payroll for associates and temporary workers hasnt been deducted for the project yet?   Answer Question

Unloader Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I took a computer test for management, then I interview with my backroom superviser, then my immediate manager as well as several other managers and finally with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want this position?   1 Answer

Zone Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Cheyenne, WY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple being a internal hire. Same process as when your are initially hired. Same questions more relaxed considering you know the person interviewing you. But still follows the same guide lines.

Inventory Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palatka, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Palatka, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask you 5 scenario based questions, of which they want work related experience, to answer the questions. each question you need to be able to provide the work related situation, who all was involved in this scenario, and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with someone, where u had to get your point across, while still being respectful to them and thier opinion. Who was involved? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Merchandise Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Aurora, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I went through a 3 step interview process. I had an interview with a department manager, then an assistant manager, then a co manager had me come in to do paperwork with them. The two interviews asked the same questions. Just about how youve handled situations in the past.

Interview Questions

• Whats one time you had a task to complete and list the steps you took to complete that task   Answer Question