Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017
6,749 Interview Reviews

2.2

Pharmacy OTC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

They did 3 interviews. Almost didnt answer the phone anymore. The hiring process is a little extreme for Walmart. The lady who did the first 2 interviews was awesome, so nice. She had short brown hair. The 3rd manager was terrible. Seemed like he was new.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Walmart (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Was brought in for an interview & asked all sorts of questions I wasn't trying to have. Also they made me come in before 9 which is definitely not kosher. Regardless they liked what they heard and told me to go pee in the cup. This is when things got dicy.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to pass a drug test if offered the position today?   1 Answer

Furniture Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart in July 2017.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview I've ever had in my life! I was given one interview question and in the middle of answering I was rushed out the door! Worst interview experience ever! I would not recommend the Wal-Mart at Tennessee st in Tallahassee for applying for a job, the interviewer wasn't thrilled about how many interviews she had that day (including mine!) Even though it's her job, right?

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you went above and beyond for a customer or fellow employees?   Answer Question

Compliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Woodbridge, ON (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had I knew the most qualified and experienced for the position and even I had completed community college in a related field. I tried even though everyone talked about the fact that they were going to hire another lady anyways. I didn't want to believe they would use favoritism. Walmart practises favoritism. They have been sued for this and lost in court but it is still part of their culture and beliefs.

Senior Management Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in November 2013.

Interview

Excruciatingly intense & laborious-- 1st day, I interviewed back-to-back with 18 managers and/or directors. Lunch was hosted by 3 future peers, throwing questions while eating! Then, end of day wrap-up with my future manager. 2nd day, attended Saturday Morning Meeting after meeting with my manager at precisely 7:15 am. Lastly, the SVP met with me to see any wear and tear from their grueling process.
    Honestly, I thrived in this chaos and LOVED my years spent with them!!

Interview Questions

• Even though you've worked with some great companies, what exactly can you do for us?   Answer Question
    • Let's not waste our time here, we're the absolute fiercest company culture, how are you planning to be able to handle that stress?   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Simpsonville, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

They had 3 people sit down in front of me and 1 was lawn and garden 1 was electronics and I have no clue what the other was. They were not prepared. I was asked questions about my personal life not pertaining to the job. It was absolutely terrible.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had an extra application they could look at?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Athens, AL).

Interview

They cant making me come back because their system was down. By the way they need to update their computer system.I cant imagine how they have gonewithout doing this and they make so much money as a company.

Unloader/Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply online, then come in for physical assessment
    Took the PAT today and I failed. After the crate test which I thought I did well on, my lungs were BURNING. I exerted myself but luckily the other person went after me so I had 9 minutes to recover from my mini heart attack (seriously felt like I had just run a mile)
    Then I did 25 sit-ups in 1 minute.
    Then I did over 100 revolutions with the hand thing.
    Idk what they expect you to get to pass. Pretty much all the other employees i saw there were older than me and more out of shape. I'm not doing it again though. I was seriously concerned for my health.
    I suggest being able to run a mile without getting winded if you want to work here. Be able to do 50 sit-ups and 25 pull ups with no break. That might help.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Concord, NC).

Interview

The interviewing process begins with a call to arrange interview, meeting with several lower management, and as you are approved upon you tend to interview and meet more upper management.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation and how would you handle the process and what would be your outcome?   1 Answer

Back End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was terrible for me...They asked questions using realtime experience...So better be prepared for it...Don't even try to guess or tell a lie...Cus the person sitting is well qualified to catch you ...Best of luck