Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5,669 Interview Reviews

2.2

Senior Management Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in November 2013.

Interview

Excruciatingly intense & laborious-- 1st day, I interviewed back-to-back with 18 managers and/or directors. Lunch was hosted by 3 future peers, throwing questions while eating! Then, end of day wrap-up with my future manager. 2nd day, attended Saturday Morning Meeting after meeting with my manager at precisely 7:15 am. Lastly, the SVP met with me to see any wear and tear from their grueling process.
    Honestly, I thrived in this chaos and LOVED my years spent with them!!

Interview Questions

• Even though you've worked with some great companies, what exactly can you do for us?   Answer Question
    • Let's not waste our time here, we're the absolute fiercest company culture, how are you planning to be able to handle that stress?   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simpsonville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Simpsonville, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

They had 3 people sit down in front of me and 1 was lawn and garden 1 was electronics and I have no clue what the other was. They were not prepared. I was asked questions about my personal life not pertaining to the job. It was absolutely terrible.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had an extra application they could look at?   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Athens, AL).

Interview

They cant making me come back because their system was down. By the way they need to update their computer system.I cant imagine how they have gonewithout doing this and they make so much money as a company.

Unloader/Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply online, then come in for physical assessment
    Took the PAT today and I failed. After the crate test which I thought I did well on, my lungs were BURNING. I exerted myself but luckily the other person went after me so I had 9 minutes to recover from my mini heart attack (seriously felt like I had just run a mile)
    Then I did 25 sit-ups in 1 minute.
    Then I did over 100 revolutions with the hand thing.
    Idk what they expect you to get to pass. Pretty much all the other employees i saw there were older than me and more out of shape. I'm not doing it again though. I was seriously concerned for my health.
    I suggest being able to run a mile without getting winded if you want to work here. Be able to do 50 sit-ups and 25 pull ups with no break. That might help.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Concord, NC).

Interview

The interviewing process begins with a call to arrange interview, meeting with several lower management, and as you are approved upon you tend to interview and meet more upper management.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation and how would you handle the process and what would be your outcome?   1 Answer

Back End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was terrible for me...They asked questions using realtime experience...So better be prepared for it...Don't even try to guess or tell a lie...Cus the person sitting is well qualified to catch you ...Best of luck

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Boardman, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

had 2 face to face interviews with several employees who decided if I should work there once all that was done I was given an offer then sent for a drug test once it came back that I passed I was set up for the next orientation

Interview Questions

• they gave a lot of scenarios and asked the same questions in different ways but they never ask the same questions to the people they interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was not one

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Providence, RI) in January 2015.

Interview

It was in depth and a real thorough process. Well for me at least. They were very kind and generous, I was just extremely nervous. I wanted the job. I needed the job. It may not be much but its better than not working. I'm sure I could of done better if I had prepared more and wore nice clothes.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer wanted to return an item?   Answer Question

Order Filler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pageland, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Pageland, SC).

Interview

No interview really-applied Thursday, got a call Tuesday to do the PAT Wednesday. Passed PAT (barely) and sent to drug test after acreating the written job offer. Long day but worth it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation...either you pass the PAT or fail

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

I was called and i went to the store for an interview. She was a lady and she was nice. She told me to come back again for a second interview so I did. I went to the interview and they told me they would call me if they decided to hire me. A few days later they called me said I got the job