Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017
6,623 Interview Reviews

2.2

Overnight Stocker Interview

Interview

Group interview at the time. Each answered questions one after another and were taken aside to discover if they had the job. How you are dressed matters so don't test your luck!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer? Describe it for us.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first was with a single interviewer and was pretty basic, mostly asking to describe my resume, and other basic things like that. The second interview was with a group rotating on asking questions, and it was much more difficult. These were questions that were looking for very specific past experiences or lessons that I had learned.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to sell something to a customer that they did not want?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Provo, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Frustrating experience. I had heard good things about Walmart Tech, so I stopped by their booth at a career fair and I was asked to interview later that day. Details of what position the interview specifically for were not made clear, but I figured I could learn more in the interview. When I arrived for the interview, I waited for a half hour past my scheduled time before they realized that the recruiter I was supposed to interview with had accidentally overbooked. So they sent me into a room with a random guy. He didn't know what he was specifically interviewing me for, didn't even ask for my resume, and went an half hour over my allotted time asking different coding questions. Some questions weren't clear, and I did not know what he was trying to ask at times. Needless to say, I came out very frustrated with the process, especially since I had rearranged my schedule for this.

Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Same questions they ask when you get hired at Wal-Mart and for a Department Manager position. Got offered the job. Took it. Got it. Made it. Cooked it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond a need whether it be for a associate or customer or manager.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Allahabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was campus placement. Data Structure and Algorithm questions. Basic operating Systems and Discussion about various machine learning algorithm.Trashing in OS. How can you avoid trashing. Deadlock avoidance.Max area under Histogram. Various type of caching techniques. Linear and logistic regression.

Interview Questions

• Median in incoming stream of number. Longest Increasing subsequence. Dictionary word problem, K reversal of link list. Max area under Histogram. Various type of caching techniques. Linear and logistic regression. Trashing in OS. How can you avoid trashing. Deadlock avoidance.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Brea, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then got a call about 2 weeks later, asking if I could come in for an interview the next day. I was only asked one question at the interview and then I started my training the next day.

Lawn and Garden Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Canton, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was asked one question only because I was referenced as a potential employee in a time of need. Having an employee referral helped me to get hired next day.

Sporting Goods Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Placed application online. Called to come in soon after for preliminary interview. Soon after called in for paper work. Then sent to a urinalysis drug test and had background check. After those came back clear I started orientation.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Average interview. Asked from resume. One should know everything properly which is mentioned in the resume. One should also know concepts of overfitting, underfitting, bias/variance trade-off, etc. Know your projects properly. They asked about statistics also.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interview was a comfortable. Normal questions. The second interview was a group interview. The interviewer was very nice and curious, but at the same time seemed uninterested because they is such major turnover in the company.