Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,384 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

I'm very dependable hard worker retail oriented, stock cashiering oriented computer oriented I feel I can b an asset to the company an the company b an asset to me.

Interview Questions

• why should you get the job?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Altoona, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and nearly all departments, all available hours, and any amount of work time. Got a call about a week later for a cashier/self-checkout host position, part-time. Set up an interview for three days later. About half of the interview was confirming the information I put on my application and then the other half was mostly the interviewer talking about how things would be and what to expect. Only one question was asked by the interviewer. Got a phone call from the hiring department not even an hour after I left for a job offer as a cashier.

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond to assist a customer at your previous workplace or outside of work?   2 Answers

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Springdale, AR) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I was asked one question and was offered the job on the spot. I had to confirm my information that I submitted in the online application.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you should outstanding customer service and what resources did you use to aid you?   Answer Question

Overnight GM/Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olive Branch, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Olive Branch, MS) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online a month prior to getting a call back for an interview. When I finally got a call back, I was excited because I've had tried to get on at Walmart FOREVER. Anyways, I arrived at my interview that was scheduled for 10AM. I was interviewed by the assistant manager. Very easy interview. He told he about their policy & their point system. He also told me that attendance is the most important. Poor attendance = no job. After that the personnel ladies told me that I had the job & I had to submit my background check via an email they've sent me. Also told me that orientation will start in the next week or so.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to meet a deadline at work.   2 Answers
    • Name a company policy that you didn't like at your previous job but you had to follow anyways.   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Visalia, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

They had me wait for over an hour for the interview. I showed up 30 min early. When I got to the interview the manager told me that they already had selected their new hires.

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneseo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart (Geneseo, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy interview you sit down with HR and fill out paper work then you are interviewed and they bring you around the store to show you what you will be doing. Then you sit down with another manager and they interview you as well. I got a call the same day with a job offer.

Furniture Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart in July 2017.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview I've ever had in my life! I was given one interview question and in the middle of answering I was rushed out the door! Worst interview experience ever! I would not recommend the Wal-Mart at Tennessee st in Tallahassee for applying for a job, the interviewer wasn't thrilled about how many interviews she had that day (including mine!) Even though it's her job, right?

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you went above and beyond for a customer or fellow employees?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Shreveport, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

They took me into the room and asked me to tell them about myself and then told me they would be doing a background check and they took me into the room and asked me to tell them about myself and then told me they would be doing a background check

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Brandon, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

the Manager was bery nice in the interview I just be berry confidece to my self and answer any cuestion she ask me and i get the job Now i working at Walmart

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you self . What to do in a dificult situation?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Stillwater, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Spoke to three different people about the expectations and benefits this position offers. This was about an hour long process. It was positive overall. Meant an assistant manager, co-manager, and personnel manager.

Interview Questions

• What to do when a customer approaches you with a question   1 Answer