Walmart Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,706 Interview Reviews

2.0

1,706 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Eddystone, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Eddystone, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Put in my application, was called back that same day, and got the job on site during the interview. Had to go back the next day to fill out paperwork regarding my backround check. Was told I'd be called within a few days for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Boardman, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application online at home and did a questionnaire and if I passed it would submit my application.
    I was called for an interview about a week later and set an interview up for the next day. Went in the next day and waited a few mins, but once I got back there it was a very laid back interview. We went through my work history and a few things from my application. Then she asked a few questions pertaining the job. And after all that I was hired right there. All I had to do was wait for an email to do my background check, which I got by the time I got home, and then I was called for orientation 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• what was the most recent thing you did to help either a previous customer, employee or friend out?   Answer Question

Unloader Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview was very easy, was asked very basic questions and I had no experience coming into it. Was Interviewed by 2 managers and called back for a job offer just a few days later for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in customer service or a situation in where you helped someone with a task?   Answer Question

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I got a call from the manager asking if I can come in an hour and a half. I didn't feel prepared at all but the questions weren't hard. It was informal (the interviewer was wearing the bright vest you wear to collect carts outside)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement and how did you resolve it   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I went to Walmart applied on there kiosk, and when i was done, before i got home the called me to come back for an interview. in which they give me $10.10 an hour which was about 30 cents more then everyone else cause i had a degree in information technology, i was good with that.

Interview Questions

• how can you make a difference in this department and company?   Answer Question

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Concord, NC).

Interview

Short and easy. It usually only takes Walmart about two weeks to give you a job offer; this is because they hire in bulk. When they call you and ask you to come in for an interview, they usually ask you to come in that week.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you can bring to this role?   1 Answer

CAP Team II Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covina, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Covina, CA).

Interview

The interview process is a breeze. You basically wait outside the main back doors until one of the managers call you in. The interview took no longer than 25 minutes, they ask a few questions and give you further information on the position you got called in for. You get sent back out and in about 10 minutes you're ready for your second interview, all in the same day. Drug tests pretty much depend on the location of the store, I didn't have to turn one in at Covina Walmart. The second interview is more about the co-manager clarifying everything with you and letting you know when orientation will be held, you sign a couple papers and you're good to go.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sault Ste. Marie, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Sault Ste. Marie, MI).

Interview

I filled out the Walmart application with what I wanted to do at the store and other regular questions you are asked when you fill out an application. I was called within 24 hours to set up an interview. They offered me a position in jewelry instead of cashier like I had originally applied for. They only ask one question and they do background checks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give them an example of a time I had given good customer service.   1 Answer

Cap II Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in March 2017.

Interview

Well i applied three weeks ago and got a call back from HR and they scheduled me a interview, waited about 20 minutes manager had no idea, they even had a interview & asked me about the first thing was my customer service skills and to explain a time i went above and beyond for a customer, explained the job to me, i was not told the job was part time, even though i clearly listed fulltime on my application and that's what made me decide to walk out, after i was told to wait for a HR associate to come and get me to finish the hiring process with HR, i thought about it and decided i rather stay with my fulltime job then work part time labor.

Interview Questions

Was told by HR it was fulltime, when i came to the interview the manager who did the interview and decides to hire told me it was part time.

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Clinton, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy interview. Being that I had worked at a Walmart twice before I was an easy hire based on my experience. Signed some paperwork regarding my background check. That following Wednesday they called me. I started orientation the next day.