Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017
5,776 Interview Reviews

2.2

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Recruiter reached out soon after applying online. Phone interview was brief, with the standard experience related questions. They went over salary range, benefits, bonus potential, and the interview hiring event for the following month. 2 panel interview, with 2 sets of 2 people (HR and Store Manager). Behavioral and situation based questions. After the interview, we were told we would hear back from the recruiter by the following weeks end, with decisions. I didn't hear anything back for about 6 weeks. Voice mails and emails not returned, until finally the rejection email was sent. When I asked for feedback specific to my interview that led to this status, I was told there is none.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you finished a major project ahead of time. What resources did you use and what were the results?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Interview

Was asked to wait for a csm to do interview. I waited 2 hours. Proceed to do interview, same questions over again worded different. Told to come back in 4 hours to interview with store manager. Was told I would be paidv $8.30 an hour that's including night differential. Explained that I worked for them in 2001 and worked 2nd shift and got paid $10.

Sourcing Interview

Interview

Behavioral Interviewing. Asked to describe situations rather than an open interview format. Difficult interview and not a traditional format but common within Walmart. Use job description to determine the qualities and proficiency that the company is looking for

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Middletown, NY).

Interview

Applied on line called for interview went in talk about what position they had open asked normal questions very friendly Manager went over duties as cashier was actually really easy was surprised how much I learned there was asked to start immediately

Interview Questions

• What's difficult situation   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I went to Walmart applied on there kiosk, and when i was done, before i got home the called me to come back for an interview. in which they give me $10.10 an hour which was about 30 cents more then everyone else cause i had a degree in information technology, i was good with that.

Interview Questions

• how can you make a difference in this department and company?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

- first phone interview after submitting the application for a week (with HR)
    - scheduled the second interview (1:1 phone) with the supervisor of the role during the first interview
    - also applied for other positions at the same time, but haven't received any response yet

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Everything went by smooth and quick. The managers were very nice and understanding. They barely asked any questions. I had to meet with three different people. They all asked the same question.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Pretty basic just dont fail drug test seriously lay off of it. Just be youself its very easy to get the job once you get call in for the interview just be polite to everyone there

Anonymous Employee in Hickory Creek, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Hickory Creek, TX).

Interview

I applied online. Human Resources called and asked me a few simple questions. Set up an appointment to come to the store. I was asked to fill out some paperwork and then I spoke with a manager and was hired on the spot.

Asset Protection Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They gave me paperwork to fill out just basic questions, told me about the duties of my job then told me that they can't stop people from leaving the store with stolen items when they become argumentative due to local laws. They were flaunting their personal knowledge of me even playing music from my facebook feed, I had gone to that walmart once before where one of the managers had walked up to me and stated 'do you give up?', to this day, I have no idea what they meant, but I've found that many of them have a bad grasp of the english language.

Interview Questions

• How long had it been since I had last worked, do I know spanish, do I have transportation.   1 Answer