Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

6,965 Interview Reviews

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owatonna, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Owatonna, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Got an interview call for an interview with the store manager the next day and the day after I got a job offer call and drug test info that needed to be taken in the next 24 hours from the call. Very quick hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time during your past work experience when you had to make a judgement for a difficult decision?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arnold, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Arnold, MD).

Interview

Easy, They came to my school for a interview fair. Dress nice and answer a few questions. Make sure to have your application with you and don't be nervous. Stay calm. Make sure to talk polite and have a good handshake. We were timed (I think it was 5 minutes) so it was a bit difficult to talk slow and calm while still trying to say everything in that time frame. I also asked the interviewer a couple questions about how she got to working at walmart and what she enjoys about it.

Interview Questions

• How can one improve customer service   1 Answer
    • What things can walmart improve on   1 Answer

Cap Team II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was very short. It was mainly paper work I had to sign. The asked one question and ask if I was I was alright with the starting pay. After that I was told when I was gonna start.

Interview Questions

• The only question I was asked was, "give an example of when you went above and beyond to help someone."   1 Answer

Night Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

three people asked standard no-brainer questions from a piece of paper. it was all very standard and took only about 20 minutes. Then there were some questions and scenarios to go through at a computer terminal, all very easy. You can tell what answers they want.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

Short and simple and straight to the point. The interviewer was very polite and friendly, she made the process very easy for me. I'm very lucky to be placed in that particular store with that particular manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Well, the manager who interviewed me was far more interested in my attitude and future goals instead of my former experience and I thought that was really special. I was asked about past experiences in retail and about how I would handle situations. It was an easy interview but an interview I found to be more effective than a lot of other interviews I've had.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals with this company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somerdale, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Somerdale, NJ).

Interview

The interview was really easy and everything went well they said they would call me back to schedule training because they were interested in hiring me but they never did and I could never get a hold of them after that so I never got the job :/

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sayre, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Sayre, PA).

Interview

They ask one question - about customer service. They want an example of when you assisted someone and why. They wanted to know how well you would assist a customer when they needed help.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you helped someone.   2 Answers

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Starkville, MS) in November 2017.

Interview

They asked simple questions about my experience and why i would make a great fit with the Walmart company. I told them about myself and they told me their walmart story

Deli/Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online and the next day the nearby Walmart contacted me in regards to a job offer.

The interview process was easy and pleasant. I met with one of the managers to discuss the job position as well as my expectations for the job. Afterwards, I was taken to the store manager for a second interview. Both managers were very nice and even offered me another job opening as well in case I didn't want to work in the Deli or Bakery section. It is very motivating to see employers care about the happiness of their employees or potential employees.

After the interviews were completed, I was given some paperwork to fill out at home and bring to orientation. I also had to submit an approval for Walmart to do a background check, which was easy and returned to the managers at Walmart very quickly.

Overall, I would have to say this was the best interview experience I have every had and I look forward to working with the company.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose your ideal position at this store, what would it be?   Answer Question