Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017
6,499 Interview Reviews

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Joliet, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 5 days later received a call from a women who scheduled my interview a few day later. I came into the interview early but, I didnt know where to go so I had to get a manager to show me where to go. Then waited like 20min in the waitin area. An assistant manager then called me to the back. I followed her and all she asked was "Tell me about yourself". I told her basic things and she went over my application to make sure everything was correct. After that I had another interview with the store manager. He called me back and just asked me to tell me about myself. Then he went over parental concent because I am a minor and job details. I signed the papers and was sent into the employee coordinator. She needed my SSN and email for a background check. We had a small conversation and she was really nice. Then she gave me a packet that talks about how pay works ect. Overall it was a very fast simple process.

CAP II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Go to the backroom personnel office and ask for your interview. A co-manger will interview you. She will ask a bit about yourself so have that prepared. She'll then ask you one question, give you a job offer, and explain the job/show you who your supervisors will be.

ASM Interview

Interview

Situational based questions trying to get at how you would react to different scenarios. Best to answer honestly and show you have had challenges that needed to be overcome and the steps taken.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Overnight GM/Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olive Branch, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Olive Branch, MS) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online a month prior to getting a call back for an interview. When I finally got a call back, I was excited because I've had tried to get on at Walmart FOREVER. Anyways, I arrived at my interview that was scheduled for 10AM. I was interviewed by the assistant manager. Very easy interview. He told he about their policy & their point system. He also told me that attendance is the most important. Poor attendance = no job. After that the personnel ladies told me that I had the job & I had to submit my background check via an email they've sent me. Also told me that orientation will start in the next week or so.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to meet a deadline at work.   2 Answers
    • Name a company policy that you didn't like at your previous job but you had to follow anyways.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy, If you have a brain and an open schedule you will get hired. Nothing unusual but it will vary, depending on the hiring manager. No need to dress up. Just wear khakis and a collar (blue or white).

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rice Lake, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Rice Lake, WI).

Interview

The department lead went through a checklist of questions, all behavioral - nothing about previous jobs (surprisingly). Then the manager arrived and asked a few more generic behavioral questions. At the end of the interview, they plugged their notes into a computer, which said I was hired at a particular wage, contingent upon a doctor's groin-grope and body fluid collection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were under a lot of stress.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

I'm very dependable hard worker retail oriented, stock cashiering oriented computer oriented I feel I can b an asset to the company an the company b an asset to me.

Interview Questions

• why should you get the job?   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Altoona, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and nearly all departments, all available hours, and any amount of work time. Got a call about a week later for a cashier/self-checkout host position, part-time. Set up an interview for three days later. About half of the interview was confirming the information I put on my application and then the other half was mostly the interviewer talking about how things would be and what to expect. Only one question was asked by the interviewer. Got a phone call from the hiring department not even an hour after I left for a job offer as a cashier.

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond to assist a customer at your previous workplace or outside of work?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Springdale, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Springdale, AR) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I was asked one question and was offered the job on the spot. I had to confirm my information that I submitted in the online application.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you should outstanding customer service and what resources did you use to aid you?   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Visalia, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

They had me wait for over an hour for the interview. I showed up 30 min early. When I got to the interview the manager told me that they already had selected their new hires.