Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017
6,738 Interview Reviews

2.2

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

A scientist introduced that they use data mining algorithms to improve the predict which product will be sold. Then I was asked some technical questions. Given a practical problem and asked my thinking how to solve that problem.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very in-depth on business, like how the store is doing financially and what can be improved in the store and what you've done personally to improve the entire store and also what you have done to improve your section or area of the store.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the overall look or in stock at the store   1 Answer

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Lexington, KY).

Interview

I applied for all positions at a store in a different location, but this store called me just hours after submitting the application and asked if I'd be willing to take a job at their location instead. I was trying to get any work I could at the time, so I basically said yes, got a time to come in for an interview, and made an effort to get to the store early by about a half hour. I waited by the bathrooms in the back for about 2 hours and was told I wasn't supposed to come in that day at all and they didn't have anyone to interview me until the next day. I started to leave but a manager stopped me as I was headed out the front doors and asked me if I could just wait another half hour and he'll have someone from the area they need me in to interview me. They got me an interview within 20 minutes after that, and I was introduced to the produce department's former manager who stepped down for personal reasons. He and the store manager and the HR guy discussed my qualifications for maybe a minute or less (excited to have an educated person join the team) and told me I was hired as long as I could pass a drug test. I had to wait about a day for the drug test to be approved and then, I was given a "work whatever hours you want" speech (part-time in the beginning) for the first week since I didn't have a schedule yet and they didn't have anyone to train me in-person. I basically took a tour on my first day and then started to figure things out on my own.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of personality quiz type stuff first.   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to work full-time if a position opened?   1 Answer
    • What is one past experience you think helps you prepare for this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interview was a comfortable. Normal questions. The second interview was a group interview. The interviewer was very nice and curious, but at the same time seemed uninterested because they is such major turnover in the company.

Sfs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Stillwater, MN).

Interview

Apply online. Take test with some question. The question like a simple question about how do you do with a last job. It take about fifty minutes to complete all the question and the quiz. Then they call to interview a next week.

Stocker Interview

Interview

Absolutely, positively unequivocally insensitive to the needs of the applicant in a quest to become contributor to
    The operations of your system
    Never before have I seen an application in which the simplest job is inaquireable due to the technical specifications.

Interview Questions

• what is your educational objective relative to the position applied for?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Fast and simple, not many questions. I think they just wanted to fill spots. But the manager was professional and quick to ask the questions, that's why I felt it was to fill spots.

Interview Questions

• Hours willing to work, troubleshooting questions.   2 Answers

Interview

You feel out the application on line and take a test if you pass it the next step is a Phone Interview with store manager. They training is great they teach you the Wal-Mart way of doing business.

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was a friend referral. Manager called me in for an interview. Offered on the spot and went to work the next day. Easy interview and overall not bad for a part time job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Really quick, regular questions like whether or not I can work holiday, they were short staffed so asked about how many hours I could work. Typical "describe a time you went above and beyond."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond   3 Answers