Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in February 2016.

Interview

I spoke to the HR manager at one of the stores who thought I would be a great candidate for assitsnt store manager. I applied the next morning, 3 weeks later I had an interview with the store manager & co manager, then a week later I got the job offer.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (San Antonio, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

5 customer based competency questions, star based. It was easy. 2 store managers interviewed me at the hiring event. Got a call back couple days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have to be a team player   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They tell you the amount of salary you're getting, give or take.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellicott City, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Ellicott City, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Then 120 question test. Test is timed. Then in person interview with human resource manager. Then store tour by yourself taking note of store. Then interview with market manager. Then job offer.

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbus, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

Very detailed, a lot of questions basing my knowledge of leadership and my leadership style

The formal interview was intimidating but exciting. I got to interview with 8 different store managers.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult experience that I had to over come? How did I do it? What tools did I use?   1 Answer

ASM- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbia, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

I was an internal hire. I applied online after taking a quiz covering situational management questions. It took about to week to hear on an interview then another 3-4 days for an answer. The interview was over the phone with the store manager. The interview itself took about 30 minutes, 8-10 questions. Once you are job offered, you submit a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to complete multiple tasks in a short time frame.
      Describe a time you had to maintain the highest standards on integrity in a difficult situation.
      Describe a time you had to assemble a team to tackle a large task.
      Describe a time you had to implement a new process and how did you get others to buy-in?
      Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Business questions. Answers must flow into the next questions. Just be honest. A recruiter contacts you, then schedules the interview there is 2 sets of interviews one with two store managers and the second interview is with the market manager and the hr director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None salary was discussed in interview. Salary is negotiable based on management experience. Nothing else,..... ......

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Typical STAR interview questions. If you are an internal candidate that is backed by senior store management the market HR manager will just give you the job offer.

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wausau, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Wausau, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online to 5 different locations and got 3 phone interviews out of the 5. Made it to the second interview to one of the locations but didn't get the job. I didn't get the second location that I applied in either. But the key is not to give up. I was being invited for another phone interview and this time I got the job. Those past interviews helped me to ace the third interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle future staffing? (Something like that.)   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in October 2015.

Interview

The assistant manager at the Walmart I interviewed at asked me questions based on my previous experiences. I was expected to have a story for each question, the more descriptive the better.

Interview Questions

• What did you do or say when you saw that company ethics were violated by associates?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

Met with the HR manager and a Co manager in their training room.
    Asked a series of questions and both were very quiet.
    End of interview I was told Salary and asked for drug test and they will email me within 24 48 hours further instructions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself other then your resume.   1 Answer