Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1,575 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

You go in normally around 6 or 7 ppl waiting to get an interview. The waiting time is normal about 30 mind to an hour wait so please bring a book. The first interview normally is with the manageryou will be working with, second interview is with the store manager, third is your offer. They send you an e-mail normally takes a few days to appear on your e-mail for a background check than after that you wait until background check comes back if cleared you began your orientation.

Interview Questions

• What if you had a co-worker you did not get along with and the both of you had to work together on a project?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and about a week and a half later got a call to set up an interview the following day. I was interviewed by two people, a CSM and then a second interview right after with the co-manager of the store. I was asked about 3 simple questions and was offered the job on spot. A background check was requested, and I came in for orientation that following Monday. Be calm, cool, and collected and you'll do just fine!

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Walmart?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • What is one thing you liked about your previous job? One thing you disliked?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for an interview around a week or two, asking to come in the next day. I was interviewed by a CSM and their manager. They asked like one question each and then I met with another person to fill out some paperwork. The whole process was only like 30 minutes. The most easy interview process ever.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond to meet your supervisor's or customer's expectations?   Answer Question
    • If I were to call your last supervisor what would they say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Springfield, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

I only got asked one question and they told me I have the job. The internet wasnt work in so I had to come in the next day and do the background check

Interview Questions

• When is one time you helped someone out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Hanford, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was good. They called within a week after applying. They conducted a background check and gave me some forms to fill out. Im still waiting on orientation.

Interview Questions

• Experience, how good am i with customers, can i keep a friendly smile under stress?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walpole, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Walpole, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was quick and easy I was so nervous.The manager who interview me said no need to be nervous. I calm down as the question kept coming and felt much better after I left.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you helped some one   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Madison Heights, VA).

Interview

it was pretty straightforwards, your team leader will sit down with you, explain what they're looking for and if you're the right fit he/she will take you tot he store manager and they give the thumbs up or down.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in customer service and your resolution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Oceanside, CA).

Interview

Called in for first interview. A week later called back and had 2 more interviews. Not difficult. Typical 'name a time when you had to manage competing priorities,' things along that line.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out a employee was stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marshall, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Marshall, IL).

Interview

We sat, she looked over my application and resume, and said I needed a little more experience, but would get a call back within a week. She seemed like she could care less and was in a hurry to get it over with.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Applied online , went Walmart to check in-person , got interview the other day and after first interview they asked me to come 2 days later for an orientation which took about 4 hours.