Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.9

378 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in October 2015.

Interview

The assistant manager at the Walmart I interviewed at asked me questions based on my previous experiences. I was expected to have a story for each question, the more descriptive the better.

Interview Questions

• What did you do or say when you saw that company ethics were violated by associates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bradenton, FL).

Interview

Met with the HR manager and a Co manager in their training room.
    Asked a series of questions and both were very quiet.
    End of interview I was told Salary and asked for drug test and they will email me within 24 48 hours further instructions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself other then your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Cleveland, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

2 to 3 managers asking questions about how you would deal with different situations. How would you contribute to this company? Why should we hire you? How have you dealt with difficult situations in the past and what was the outcome? Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee wanted you to help them steal.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

All questions are behavioral questions. Each question pertains to one of the position's listed competencies. For example a question would pertain to execution and results, adaptability, customer centered, improving store experience, etc. Each answer needs to tell a story. It needs a beginning, a middle, and an end. What was the problem? What policies or ppl did you involve? What were the obstacles? What was the result?

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to complete a difficult task dispite having a heavy work load.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bloomington, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Asked about my past employment, what experience I have. Informed me of the hiring process and training process. Informed me what Starting salary is, how I get paid and informed me that the first 6 weeks will be hourly pay

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation I had to be part of to help make important decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Plainfield, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

2 separate roundtable interviews over the course of 5 hours on a Thursday morning. There were about 40 candidates and about 15 of them were eventually hired for ASM and Co-Manager positions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you went above and beyond for a customer? What was the situation, what resources did you use, and what was the result?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Met HR Market Manager at a job fair, interviewed with him and a Store Manager, offer at the end of the interview. They took turns asking questions. It lasted around 45 minutes.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief chat hired on the spot nothing too difficult. They just find an available manager and you get sent to the back and checked out. Most like will have two interviews in the same day if needed.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I didnt apply for ZM but Assistant manager. It was a panel of 3, 2 COs and the store manager. lol I never landed a ASM position, lack of EXP but i had a solid resume. I interviewed 5 times, then they said that they could train me in a ZM position to become a ASM if I was interested in it and I took it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had multiple tasks you had to complete in a timely manner. How did you complete them.
      What changes have you made to improve your area.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. There is a set amount for the position you apply for.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Met at college campus and they hired me on the spot. They went over my resume and found out when I could start. I found the process much easier than I thought it would be. I wish I had stayed with them instead of leaving for law school