Walmart Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,797 Interview Reviews

2.0

1,797 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cap II Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in March 2017.

Interview

Well i applied three weeks ago and got a call back from HR and they scheduled me a interview, waited about 20 minutes manager had no idea, they even had a interview & asked me about the first thing was my customer service skills and to explain a time i went above and beyond for a customer, explained the job to me, i was not told the job was part time, even though i clearly listed fulltime on my application and that's what made me decide to walk out, after i was told to wait for a HR associate to come and get me to finish the hiring process with HR, i thought about it and decided i rather stay with my fulltime job then work part time labor.

Interview Questions

Was told by HR it was fulltime, when i came to the interview the manager who did the interview and decides to hire told me it was part time.

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Very fast, the manager asked questions and was happy with answers so it was fast no more than 5 minutes I would say at most. I got hired on the spot. And was very happy with overall interview.

Interview Questions

• To tell of experience that I remembered where had issue with customer
      Asked if I had issue working with customers   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Fremont, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call a day after I applied and scheduled to meet the next day. The Walmart was very disorganized and messy. I had to wait 15 minutes until someone finally acknowledged me waiting in the Pickup area (the area the lady on the phone told me to wait) and then I was interviewed. After I left, I received a call where the lady stated that they didn't realize I was a minor (even though I mentioned that I'm in high school so that should have been a sign?) and that I had to come back again. Went back two days later and the lady seemed like she forgot I was coming. She then asked where my birth certificate was (which she never told me to bring) and said I would have to come back again.

Interview Questions

• State a time when you helped someone in customer service.   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Tulsa, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

Called to see the progress of my application they setup and immediate interview for that day which once I arrived includedTwo interviews in the same day which consisted of basic questions why Walmart etc. both lasted about 25 min then a tour of the deli. Then offered a conditional employment pending background started two weeks later

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table as a teammate.   1 Answer

Deli Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Madison, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

My assistant manager and department supervisor told me about the job, asked me about a time when I provided good customer service and asked me about what I think good customer service is. Then the store manager talked to me and asked me if it was a job I could do. Then I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what good customer service is to you.   1 Answer

Cap Team One Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Lavaca, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Port Lavaca, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview is just a formality for entry level positions. After filling out an application online, I received a call from a hiring manager for a very brief screening and interview appointment. During the actual interview, a different manager met with me and kept the process very brief. While reviewing my background, I answered any questions she had about previous roles. She asked one question about helping others and I was immediately offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to help someone outside the work place.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The actual face to face interview lasted for no more than 10 minutes and then they give you a bunch of papers. Nothing professional really. It was kind of a rush because it was about ten other people waiting to be interviewed and it seemed a big mess. But it's nothing for anyone to worry about. Walmart will hire just about anybody.

Interview Questions

• There were really no real interview questions just if had any experience in retail and for how long.   Answer Question

Jewelry Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Big on customer service- how do you solve a customer's problems? How do you prioritize/work/time manage so as to better handle customers? Arrived at a separate hiring location (this does not happen for established stores, mine was new), waited in line and was interviewed one-on-one in a tiny room by an assistant manager, basically hired on the spot except for the background check.

Interview Questions

• If a customer has complained multiple times, to multiple empoyees, about a problem they're having, how do you handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Omaha, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

it was pretty straight forward, i met with the manager and they were pretty friendly. everything went well and as expected, they offer the wage just as they advertised it.

Interview Questions

• have you work in retail before ?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Spokane, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

They call you after applying online and ask you to come in for a short interview. If you get hired, which most people do get a callback you'll participate in group orientation.