Walmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017
5,762 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

They were nice to me. The ASM at the time offered a little more money to hire me than what usually was offered. He wanted me to give my two weeks notice at Kmart as that was the right thing to do. I took the advice and had a good employment there for the most part.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Amarillo, TX).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first interview, I met with one manager and they made sure I was aware of the hours and job details and that I was still willing to take on the position, should it be offered to me. During the second interview, I met with 3 managers and I was asked about my experience, skills, etc.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You apply and wait for them to call (or you can call them to check on the application status/process). When they call you they will tell you to come in for the interview. You will only need to pass one interview, and it is VERY easy (in my experiences, at least, and I have worked at three different stores). Most of the time, waiting for the person who will be interviewing you will last longer than the actual interview. It takes ten minutes tops once you start the interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you went above and beyond in customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The entire process was done like an assembly line. After applying for a job I was called and offered two positions. An interview date is set where and assistant manager asks about experience in retail and customer service.

Interview Questions

• You are asked about job situations and how you will handle them.   Answer Question

Cashier, Self Checkout Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was really short lasted like 4-6 minutes, I wasn't interviewed in a group. I went in signed some papers giving consent for drug test and confirming things from application. After interview was told if I didn't get a call by Friday that they chose someone else. I did really well on interview the interviewer had said so herself so it gave some false hope.

Bakery/Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Euless, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Very smooth interview. The interviewer was very open and inviting. Also allowed me to express my job/schedule needs. Flexibility is a must for me! They also stressed that make sure all of my related experience was in the forefront of my application as this position's pay is very flexible in that the more experience they see on the app the better they are able to compensate me for my experience!

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a little about yourself." One of the usual interview questions   Answer Question

Jewelry Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in February 2017.

Interview

I arrived at the interview 30 mins early and didn't get seen until 5 minutes after my interview time because my interviewer was out smoking. Then I was told that the jewelry position was no longer available, so it had to be apparel. So I had to be sent back out to wait longer to get the paper work changed. My interviewer didn't know how to work the computer system very well, but she was very nice and I enjoyed talking to her afterwards.

Interview Questions

• what interested you about working at Wal Mart?   1 Answer
    • Wal Mart has not been seen as a store with great customer service, like Publix. therefore it is out number one priority. when was a time when you went above and beyond for a customer or did a project for work?   1 Answer
    • tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase on payment. They offered me $9 and told me once I take a computer course, I would get a $1 raise. Those numbers seemed fair to me seeing as I only have little experience in retail where the highest I ever made was $7.35. I have not accepted the offer as of yet, but I believe I plan to. I have a full time job as well so it's going to be challenging to handle everything but Wal Mart was willing to give me a job when I have a full time job so that is great.

Over Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Littleton, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Was straight forward , they just asked what my previous experience was working in stocking,etc., took over all roughly 30 min, was very professional. I applied online early January and did not get a call for roughly a month and a half. I was hired right there on the spot pending a background check.

Interview Questions

• Could I do the required job   1 Answer

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Very quick interview! The manager only had to ask one question and told me that Walmart really cut the interview time down, also no drug tests anymore unless it's for maintenance. I spent more time waiting for the manager than the actual interview, but once you get an interview you pretty much have the job. The interview was mostly just signing papers and filling out your availability times.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you went above and beyond for a customer or someone in general?   Answer Question

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was by a manager who was new to Walmart. She knew her way around Walmart. The interview was conducted in a private office. The manager was very friendly and willing to go outside of the box with conversation. He seemed to agree with every answer I provided. What does that mean?

Interview Questions

• What have you done to go above and beyond to help a customer.   1 Answer