Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process could be a long process, depending upon how quickly the positions need to be filled. The interview process typically consists of at least one interview with either the store manager or the market human resource manager, and then a follow up call.

Interview Questions

• The questions are your typical situational interview type of questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gettysburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Gettysburg, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

SMART system. 2 managers with market manager ask you specific questions about your experience. Your have to define the situation who was involved how you solved the problem and what was the result.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you satisfie a customer request?
      Tell me about a time you made a business decision which was positive for your company.
      1 Answer

Interview

General questions nothing was out of the ordinary it was a typical interview. Nothing else to really say about it. It was about in hour long and it was very relaxed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

It was a tough interview. You need to do your homework on the company. Dress professional. Please be on time and ask questions about the opportunity as well so they can see you are interested

Interview Questions

• What are your procedures for handling attendance issued   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Three interviews one with a store manager then one with a market Manager and the a panel Interview. They were all situation based interviews (S.T.A.R) and none of the questions where difficult. They will paint a much brighter picture of walmart the what it actually is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation as they offered exactly what I was asking.

Anonymous Employee in Cicero, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Cicero, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

My interview was over the phone. I was a level 7 hourly supervisor already in walmart. The hiring manager was the Store manager from the store I had applied to. He asked me about 10 or 15 questions. He was hiring at the very last minute so I heard back by the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to teach or train another associate.   Answer Question

Interview

Filled out the application. Had one phone interview, Received a call within 2 weeks. Was sent to training within 3 weeks. Trained for about 5 or 6 weeks. A lot of desk work with the training but his has drastically changed since then

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

submitted it online and called them, they called back with few questions about location and hours. then asked me to go to their office for the formal talk. there wasn't anything specific or difficult. just wanted to make sure i can handle the job.

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter who gave me a short unexpected behavior interview. At the end of the conversation I was offered to accept an face-to-face interview for the following week. The interview was a panel interview with 2 hr managers. They took turns asking 6 behavorial questions. Tell me about you? The questions were worded in a confusing way but the interview itself was not that intimidating. I received a call 2 days later telling me I didnt get the job. I didnt understand why the only thing she could tell me was that alot of people was interviewed for the position. The requirement was 1 year of supervisory experience of 2 years of college, etc. I have almost 3 years of management experience and just recently graudated with a MBA and I didnt get the position. My advice is to be organized and your answers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that I didnt understand was name a time when you made a plan but it had to align with the company polices and procedures in a timely manner.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in October 2014.

Interview

Internal: be flexible, perception is reality. The only way to be noticed is to consistently offer customer satisfaction resulting in compliments to management, and look for ways to learn more about your job from management.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer