Walmart Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.9

392 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Strangely, the entire interview was over the phone at my old store, I having applied through the company's intranet system, the WIRE. The MHRM (market human resource manager) set up a time to call. She asked me some fairly typical questions that all associates are asked to see how I responded to different situations.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time when you had to think fast to come up with a solution for a problem. What was the situation and what resources did you use?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty simple interview process. 5 questions. Know the S.T.A.R. Method. Your answer will always have to refer to an actual occurance not on how you would handle it but how you handled it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond in customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart in June 2015.

Interview

All interview questions are basic "tell me about a time when...". Management is told not to stray from the printed questions. All questions are asking for you to tell about a time you actually had to lead people or come up with a solition. Don't answer with what you would do... They want to know what you have done.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was a two or three week turnaround time between the first phone interviews, in person ones and then being hired. The phone interviews were with the human resources and market managers. Both were fairly laidback phone calls. Had to drive over an hour and a half for the in person ones. The in person was less informal and a little intimidating as they normally use a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all situational or how would you or have you handled this situation in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Cedar Rapids, IA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got scouted out through lndeed.com. After a few back to back emails with the recruiter, I had a phone interview with the recruiter who said I was good enough to go to the closed hiring event. The recruiter told me to bring two copies of my resume with me and to dress professional. I went to a hiring fair had 2 interviews with 2 groups of 3 people. They asked me what locations I would be interested in working at and told me nothing was guaranteed but if I got a job they would not place me more than 50 miles from my home. After I left the "interview" I got a email about 3 days later saying I needed to do a drug test and a background check. About a week after I did both I got job offer email to the location they picked for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time I had to deal with a difficult customer, friend or situation and how did I resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (San Antonio, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview then you receive notice on acceptance and admission into the course for management. You will fly to Dallas Texas for a 4 week course to learn the Walmart culture and how it is suppose to operate

Interview Questions

• Q Describe a time you faced a difficult scenario and what the outcome was? How you go to the outcome? What resources you used to obtain that outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (El Paso, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Situational based questions, best i answered using the STAR, stay calm and answer clearly. They need to see that you are calm under pressure. Remember the answer don't have to be your situations could be situations you saw others resolve be specific with your answer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a difficult decision, what was the decision, who was involved, what steps did you take to solve it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Panel interview, two people, operations manager and store manager from another location. You will be asked a series of behavioral questions and then their are sub parts to each question...tell me about a time you solved a problem/ what were the steps? What was the outcome? Would you have done anything different?

Anonymous Employee in Saint Ignace, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Ignace, MI).

Interview

Had first Interview at university career fair. It went well had a second interview with the market manager and a few store managers in the market. The majority of the questions were situation questions. Had to wait over 30 days before i got an offer because they wanted me to start within a week of taking the drug test.

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in March 2015.

Interview

I had to apply online and take an assessment. About 7 days later, I received an email from a regional manager. I was then scheduled for a phone interview. He said they would call within the next week and notify those selected. She was very nice, although it seemed like she was in a hurry and was speaking very rapidly while explaining the job application process.