Walmart Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Walmart Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Feb 22, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baldwin Park, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Baldwin Park, CA).

Interview

Horrible aren't willing to work with you for religious purposes. Called in multiple times to speak with the supervisor and no call back. Left messages with 1-2 "assistant supervisors" lazy workers

Interview Questions

• When's the last time you helped someone with a problem? When's the last time you've gone out of your way to help a customer or student with a problem?   1 Answer

Wasn't willing to accept it

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Habra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (La Habra, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received phone call the following day to go interview the day after. The interview was simple and everyone was friendly. Took a hard copy of my resume which was a plus. Orientation was schedule for a week in a half later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Walmart?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Carson, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I don't remember when I applied but I received a call from the hiring manager & he asked if I wanted a job as a part time cashier. When I accepted, he asked me to come in that same afternoon for an interview. I got to Walmart & went to the customer service area to let them know I was there for an interview. The lady directed me to a bench by pharmacy & said the hiring manager would be with me shortly. The interview was very laid back. Since I am a minor & had no job experience, the questions I were asked pertained to my community service experience (volunteering at the VA hospital). Towards the end of the interview he printed out a background check paper & had me sign it & said that it would take two days & that I would receive a call when it processed. He also gave me an employment for minor consent form to give to my parents & bring back. Two days later I received a call for orientation the next day. During my orientation, I basically found out I was hired, I did tax credibility on the computer & filled out the I-9 form. Got my name badge made, my vest, & schedule for my CBL's which I go in next week to start :)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation since I have no experience, though if you do, make sure to tell the store manager when doing your job offer.

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Downey, CA).

Interview

Got called for an interview a week after I applied, I applied for Loss Prevention only. During the interview he asked me about myself and my work experience. He then said I will be full time 10$ an hour. I said I thought loss prevention gets paid more and he said "oh that spot is full already". Then why the hell would you call me back for a interview for a position I didn't even apply for. A waste of time and unprofessional on walmarts part.

Deli Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Rosemead, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was a two hour process for me however i did not care but i just wanted to know if they knew i was waiting most of them didnt. I am currently waiting for background Check!

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you have to go above and beyond out your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There were about 2-3 managers/supervisors that interviewed me on the same day. The questions were somewhat similar so you have to kinda customize your answer a bit. If you get the paper for the drug test then you're hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to handle a difficult task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Downey, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was easy not very hard at all. Just asked me about myself, work history, and what was my open availability. She asked did I have another job and I said yes but wasn't planning on quitting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for Walmart?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. I spoke with two managers and they were fairly quick interviews. They both liked me and they proposed a job offer that day before I even left the office.

Interview Questions

• What does your work history prior look like / tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

recieved a call from an agency informing me that i have sceduled interview with walmart, i went on time waited for an hours, met with three persons the interview took around fourty five minutes
    they kept asking mainly about how i handle customers and what i do in a situation

Interview Questions

• what do you do with angry customer   1 Answer

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Oxnard, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

From there, it only went downhill. After condescendingly mocking my appearance, he went on to make personal attacks about my family, my previous professional experience, and even my academic choices. It was bizarre and, frankly, psychotic. I walked out almost in tears, but sent follow-up emails to everyone else I interviewed with that day. I got an email back really late on a Friday night from one of the guys who interviewed me, apologizing for the CEO's behavior and saying he’d be happy to help me get a job elsewhere (since apparently he 'can be hard on people').

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer