Walmart Maintenance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.2

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Maintenance Interview

Interview

It was an easy interview. I met a manager and they guided me to the personnel office. Had someone give me details about the job, and they only had 1 interview question.

Interview Questions

• One time that I went above and beyond to help a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Orientation wasn't too long, we were in a group of 10 different new hires. We talked and went over the rules and regulations of the store. We went over pay raises after a few months. The interview was overall easy because it was also orientation. It's like they pretty much hired you over the phone. It was a swift process that keeps the store moving.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Everett, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview the next day. I was so nervous. I don't have any job experience and I applied for a cap 2 position. The manager there was very kind and made me very comfortable. He told me he wanted to put me where I was most likely to succeed and this felt awesome. He said maintenance would be a great place to start. I recommend walmart to anyone starting out in the work force.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you went above and beyond for someone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Birmingham, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was formal, personal, & one on one. It was very straight forward & to the point. It was very detailed with all the information needed to get started working

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in stripping & waxing floors   1 Answer

The pay

Anonymous Employee in Commack, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Commack, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

show and simple, mostly of what they need from you, how can you benefit the company and goal for the future company.in other words it was not that bad , so everything came out ok a little awkwardness here and there but other then that, good.

Interview Questions

• favorite color, hubby's and why is working in this company so important to me.   1 Answer
    • what i like to do.   1 Answer

Maintenance Interview

Interview

3 seperate interviews, one with a csm, (supervisor for cashiers) & two with Asst. Manager, plus a pre screening test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself & why we should hire you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Higher pay based on previous work experience & better hours.

Anonymous Employee in Camby, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Camby, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview lasted 3 hours long, was a sucess, they thought i was a really good candidate to be working maintenance. i got hired immediately. came in 3 weeks later for orientation. and has been working ever since

Interview Questions

• tell them bout a time where i had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Pearland, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring and interview is simple. Submit an application online then give the store a call. Ask for personnel then ask if they are hiring for that position. Night and Graveyard shifts are more likely to have open positions.
    The interview is simple, comprised of an initial interview and then a second follow up one.
    While they say that they will call back for the second interview, if you can't get it that day then your SOL and better start looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• None really. All questions are about Team work or Problems you've handled.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once you get a position, there is literally no negotiation. You take what they offer or they give it to the guy behind you.

Anonymous Employee in Duncan, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Duncan, OK) in March 2012.

Interview

Called out of the blue after I had filled out an application to be a Sales Associate. Was told that I would be hired at that position, only to find out that the managers had met in secret and knocked me down to maintenance. Was told to take it or leave it, so I took it.

Interview Questions

• "It is maddening when the courts let guilty criminals go free."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Littleton, CO) in February 2012.

Interview

Very bleh of an interview. They asked mostly cookie cutter questions of how was working at such and such. What makes you a team player. so on and so forth

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have where you had to overcome a challenge and was able to succeed   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA