Walmart Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2012.

Interview

After you turn in your application don't waste your time on them contacting you because it may or maynot ever happen. Once they do contact you - the person on the other end of the phone is usually very rude. After the second interview - which wasn't much better than the first they will give you an overall decision as to whether your hired.

Interview Questions

• I is here that you have many years of experience and education - why come to Walmart?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little or no negotiation phase with W.M. Either you took the job or you didn't.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy and professional, relaxed with 10 situational questions that were effective and relatable to my background and experience. Team of three managers conducted the interview and seemed to have knowledge of the process. I had plenty of time to think about my answers without feeling rushed or uncomfortable about the process. it was a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Augusta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online and took applicable skills tests. Received a call a week later. Interview was straight forward with typical questions ranging from customer satisfaction scenarios to conflict resolution scenarios. Drug screening and background check the following morning. Was not told immediately, but typically if asked to submit background and drug screening, you have received the job unless you do not pass both screenings. orientation a couple weeks later after results arrived.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with a challenge. How did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview with 4 other people and being interviewed by 4 people. We were brought to a hotel in the area and interviewed by one store manager. If you survived that interview you were then brought into a room with the HR Manager and Market Manager and given a second interview. Then after that I was asked to go take a drug test and then I was given an offer within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• They asked you general question about situations you would have encountered while either working at Wal-Mart or in your previous career.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in June 2011.

Interview

Behavioral Interview, they have a script to read from, not much eye contact, one talks the other writes down everything you say. Have note cards ready to speak from that covers examples of all the competencies required for the position. Answer in the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation where, ....   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. The offer was what is was.

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in April 2011.

Interview

I got an phone interview call?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was bit confused during this phase

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Anchorage, AK) in March 2011.

Interview

Application was extensive with additional testing along the way. First interview was a one one free form getting to know each other, next was a scripted interview within a group setting that took about 2 hours. Then I had two additional phone interviews, one scripted behavioral and one freeform about the business. The last interview was in person more personal about myself.

Interview Questions

• Am I able to work any time, any shift or length of shift to accomplish the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes very difficult through human resources , follow up was sporadic ad inconsistent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Houston, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

behavior based - disorganized panel. {anel members did not seem to have planned for the interview and were not available to start until an hour after the scheduled time.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your background   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to correct the perfomance of someone who reported to you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Butte Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Butte Valley, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Long process with hundreds of computer based training, a quick orientation in person and lots of horn tooting. Job offered then taken away, then a lower offer, A bit of bait and switch.

Interview Questions

• None really. Tell me about a time you had to solve a difficult problem with little time. They always want a story, a personal scenario.   1 Answer

Negotiation

All salaries are always negotiable always. Accept the job but you need more money. It works.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2010.

Interview

two level interview with the store manager making final decision

Interview Questions

• decribe a time in which you sucessfully merchandised an item   Answer Question