Walmart Meat Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Meat Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Garden City Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Garden City Beach, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple interview process, they asked one question regarding my customer service abilities. I described to them a scenario that I had at a previous employer in which I fought for the customer to get the deserved compensation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Snellville, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

They called me in to do a interview. Then they called me a second time i did a urine drug test(But i hear that they just stop doing drug test last month) I waited for 3 days then they called me again third time.The next day I started orientation

Interview Questions

• Easy they just asked me about my last job. Then asked me what did i know about meat department.They didn't really ask me that many questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phenix City, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Phenix City, AL) in May 2015.

Interview

Double interview- one with three managers and the other with the store manager. Asked some "on the spot" questions that were slightly intimidating but very smooth otherwise. Once the initial interview is finished you would be called back to interview with the store manager. Asked essentially the same questions and he either tells you if you're on board or not.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had to improvise to overcome a particular situation. What did you do and what were the results?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Panama City, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, I applied on every position I am qualified for, which is not a lot.

3-4 hours after applying online, I got a call for an interview for the next day.
    When I got there, I got a 1 on 1 interview, and he asked me a few questions, he told me to wait and see if the others wants to interview me (to determine if I am worth the time, I guess).
    A few minutes later, I got called in and this time, 3 interviewer are sitting in a long table.
    My heart was beating fast, I sat down and at that point, I realized that I need to distribute my eye contacts to all 3 of them equally, which is a little bit hard to do, I may have ended up putting a little more eye contacts in front of me.

Each of them asked some questions and each I answered, I repeated some answers from the 1 on 1 interview earlier, but they said it was fine.

Once again, I was put outside for them to decide my faith. They came in not a moment later and said "congratulation, you got the part". I went inside again to fill some paperwork and went to the labs to do drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the time where you went above and beyond for a costumer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Meat Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Marque, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (La Marque, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and followed up with two visits to the store where I spoke directly to three different managers. after my second visit to the store I got a call back one day later for an in store interview. The interview consisted of three parts. First an area manager asked me the standard interview questions like "Talk about a situation where you resolved a difficult customer service problem with a positive outcome." Second a general manager asked me the exact same questions. Third I was offered the job and salary was reveled.

I'd specifically stated $10 hr was my bottom line. Walmart offered me $7.85 hr. There was no negotiation. I was informed that salaries were awarded based on a computer program. Since I've been back in college for 5 years my salary offer reflected no job experience during that period, even though in conversation Walmart was aware of my very recent employment at HEB Market. I received many promises of possible rapid salary advancement based on performance. These still remain to seen.

I took the job as a survival position until a continued search in my career field yields an offer on par with my experience and education. Also the positive and friendly attitude of all other associates seemed on the surface to portray it as a comfortable working environment. I just started this position. I'm not encouraged to stay because of the low wage. In fact I debate if my time is not more effectively used in a continued job search. The fact of the mater is that I currently need a survival job and this one is the shortest commute. "Beggars can't be choosers," as the saying goes.

Interview Questions

• "If you are given more responsibilities to accomplish in a given time that you are able, how would you deal with that situation and create success?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase for wages. I was offered the job at $7.85 hr and allowed some time to think about it before accepting.

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Alexandria, LA) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was very easy, unless you are complete moron. Was interviewed three times within 30 minutes time. Meat Manager, Asst. Store Manager and the Store Manager. Drug tested and offered in 3 hours time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy.. No bickering at all..

Anonymous Employee in Russellville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Russellville, AR) in November 2013.

Interview

I was called in and asked questions about why I wanted to work there. They called my references and asked them questions. Also, what's with the 50 word minimum? I can succinctly describe the interview in less than that, sheesh.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to perform the tasks required of you with or without assistance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Shelton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Shelton, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Like most companies, Walmart does not interview everyone who applies for a job. An interview has two parts, the first interview being with your immediate supervisor, then a second interview with a salaried member of management or the Zone Supervisor for your area. When you get an interview, the person interviewing you will have a list of questions, and choose if the responses are "Competitive" or "Not Competitive" if the majority of your responses are "Competitive", you will be given a second interview (usually the same day as the first), which isn't a guarantee that you got the job, but is a very good sign.
    Once you're hired, you have to sign some paperwork giving Walmart consent to do a background check and drug screening. Your rate of pay will be displayed on a computer as well as your position. There are several things you are told to take your time and read, and you personally have to type in your initials and click "I agree". If your drug test comes back negative, and your background test comes back as clean, you will get a call about your first day of orientation. Orientation takes about 5 days and you are there for roughly 8 hours a day, but you are paid to attend orientation. There are a ton of GLMS (Global Learning Management System) modules you have to take and pass with an 80% (90% for the Safety GLMS and 100% for the Tobacco and Alcohol GLMS). During orientation, you are given an Associate Number and you create a PIN number, these are your credentials to sign in to a cash register, every associate, regardless of position is given register credentials and trained to use the cash register. You are also given a username and you create your own password for the SMART system on the handheld Texlon computers, and for the WIRE on the computer, its important to remember these, because chances are, you'll use them a lot.
    If hired, show up to orientation EARLY, follow the dress code and by all means, ASK QUESTIONS.

Interview Questions

• In a situation where there's a problem and no apparent solution, what would you do/have you done to solve it?   1 Answer

Meats Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntley, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Huntley, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I first received a phone call. I then was called in for my first interview. They really liked me and asked if I could stay for a second interview and I said yes. They told me they don't usually do it that way and asked me when I could come in for the third and final interview. After the third interview, I had 24 hours to take my drug test which I successfully passed. And I was told that I would begin orientation on October 5th.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of a time that you had to multitask to complete an assignment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Front Royal, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Front Royal, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews on the same day. One with the manager of the department I was going to be working in, the other with a zone manager. The interview process itself was pretty informal and easy. They simply had a checklist of questions they ran through, mostly situational questions, asking about what I had done in the past in different situations. (Tell me about a time where you faced a difficult decision, stuff like that.) Be specific with your examples.

I wore a relaxed-professional work attire: plain blue polo shirt, kaki pants, black-leather shoes, black-leather belt, hair trimmed, and face cleanly shaven.

I was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had difficulty with a manager. What did you do to resolve the difficulty?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really try to negotiate because I got a much better offer than I expected. (Above the median pay for the position I was applying for)