Walmart Merchandising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Merchandising Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.6

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were engaged throughout the whole interview. There was a lot of behavioral questions with one case analysis at the end. The case was received the night before. Recommended to come in with notes and suggestions. Interview went well, but they redacted my second round interview after reconfirming what my GPA was.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

, Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Grapevine, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Went through multiple interviews with the company. All situational based. Asked about my resume and college awards. Then went on to structural interview questions, they really enjoy the SBO- situation, behavior, outcome or STAR method answers. Also would ask follow up questions such as, if this didn't work, then what would you do.

Interview Questions

• If you were were anticipating a call from an important customer, but knew that you were going to be out of the office and out of contact for a few days, how would you handle the situation and why.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dumas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Dumas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very brief, behavioral style questions I only got asked one question. Everyone was very nice and helpful and professional. At the end of the interview, I was told that they would run a background check and that they would be in touch. After 2 or 3 days, they called me to attend orientation the following week. Orientation was 2 full days and 2 half days then I was given a schedule to start working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to be helpful to someone   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2014.

Interview

In person interview on my campus that was very casual, online test that was timed and had different parts (english vocab, numbers, comparisions) followed by a skype interview with someone in the industry. received an email with my offer and a phone call. followed by a drug test and background test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial online screening called HireVue where you answer 5 questions. You are given 3 minutes to respond to each while you are being filmed by your web cam. The next interview is panel interview with two VPs, conducted over the phone utilizing your web cam. The third interview is with a VP in your division.
    Standard STAR question format.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Asheboro, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process went extremely well till I was in front of my immediate to be Supervisor. She detailed that there would be no training, as I'd been hired without her approval and the did not have time to train me. In all actuality, I did not need training, but I could have used a computer that actually worked. None was given.

Interview Questions

• If you saw your peer stealing, would you report them?   1 Answer
    • If you saw your supervisor doing something you felt wrong, what would you do?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I had no option for negotiations. I would only suggest to be in front of none of the store managers alone, always have at least 2 people present.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commack, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Commack, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

The person interviewing me clearly did not speak English well, we did not understand each other.

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in March 2010.

Interview

One phone interview with the direct manager you would be working for followed up by conversation with the HR group. Wal-Mart is pretty laid back and casual. The interview process gives a good picture of their work culture: ordinary people come together to do extraordinary things. They are looking for smart, ethical people and invest time in your development.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced an ethical dilemma, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate