Walmart Interview Questions in Mississauga, ON | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview about your background. There were 2/3 basic questions about handling different scenarios. Then it was 1:1 interview with hiring assistant manager/manager with questions how you will handle some critical situations. Very basic day to day scenario, no complex issues. They just want to check if you're a normal/rational compassionate person or not. Very casual interview.

Interview Questions

• What you'll do if you were in cash register and in the queue there woman with a crying baby and and old lady with full cart stuffs ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very friendly. I needed to finish by 6am. Instead of the normal 11pm-7am shift, I asked for a 10pm-6am shift and it was accepted right-a-way

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

On phone then invited for in person interview. Each time i was invited for in person interview they didn't value my experience because i was coming from small company as opposed to big retailer or big marketing company. Although i came with portfolio and references. People who get hired for Walmart Canada corporate jobs are either internal (externals compete w em) or they come from bay, rogers, loblaws ...Walmart Canada is losing out on great candidates because fresh innovative ideas come from people who have done "everything" as part of their roles in smaller companies! time for walmart to look beyond hardline experience , think long term not week 1 of the job!

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then did about an 80 question assessment online. About a week later I received a phone call asking me a simple couple questions (customer wants item but it's not in stock what would you do) after this I was told to come in for a "group selection" interview. I arrived at the Walmart location and was told to sit in a room and wait for the interviewer. In total there was 4 interviewers. Each interviewer entered the room alone, asked one to two questions, wrote down my answer(s) then left the room and another interviewer entered and asked a different question. Again happened four times and the whole process took 10 minutes. After this, all the applicants were taken to a room to speak to the store manager. The store manager spoke briefly about the company, it's mission, history and also the Walmart mastercard. After this we were asked few more questions, each given time to respond and were told they'd be in touch regardless of whether we were hired or not. All in all the process was not intimidating at all but rather refreshing and comforting. I enjoyed seeing 4 different interviewers in a quick "speed-dating" like scenario with each asking only one to two questions max.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever get someone (friend or family) to change their mind or opinion? How? (I suppose this was regarding the promotion of the Walmart mastercard)   Answer Question
    • A customer drops a bottle of ketchup, silently cleans it up and throws away the packaging. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • A customer with a full cart, one with a crying baby and another with a few items are standing in the line. Who do you ring up first?   Answer Question
    • You're busy stocking away when a customer asks for help locating an item. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to go out of your way for a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview after 10-15 days of applying online. Then got invited to a group interview after a couple days. Interviews happened in the same room as other interviewees at the same time, but still individual 1:1 with the duty manager. Very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a customer who was upset at a previous job?   Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was done via a phone call. The questions that were asked were extremely difficult but the interviewer was friendly and helped guide you in the correct direction. Prepare for the interview before accepting the call and use glass door to find potential questions that you will be asked.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They called me and asked me a few questions (Explain to me a time where you had to be in charge), Then she called me for a group interview, (speed dating interview process). We also had to role play and pretend to help customers and had to solve an issue (employees gossiping). Then the next day they called and hired me.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time where you had to be in charge, what's your availability? why should I hire you? what are your strengths and weaknesses, tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Replenishment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Process involved a 20min telephone interview, 30min-45min in person interview with two Managers and final interview with Director. Overall, the experience was good up until the end. I never heard back from anyone regarding an offer. I followed up with the recruiter and yet no response. Everyone at Walmart promotes great company culture and respect for one another, yet they don't thank candidates for taking the time to interview? It would be nice to hear back instead of waiting for weeks wondering if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to accomplish during your first 30/60/90 days as a new employee?   Answer Question

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

first on line test - multiple questions on website. Then phone interview consisting of basic behavioral questions. Then group interview like selling a product , introduce partner etc. Follow up few days later with job offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and understanding diligently speaking reasonable outcomes, however despite the fact of the substance at work, there was a major outlook on satisfaction in the work environment. It was understandable but the questions posed were very pertaining to the fact of idealism and realism. A controversy had risen through the screening

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university coop program. The whole process took about two weeks to get an interview call. The interview was smooth, interviewers were friendly. They asked basic behavioral questions such as what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, related questions to teamwork, leadership.. etc.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer