Walmart Interview Questions in New Mexico | Glassdoor

2.0

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Deli/Bakery Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2017.

Interview

It was quite quick. The personnel manager didn't ask me any questions, he just explained the role and what was expected. Perhaps because they were short on staff and needed people quick.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy, felt like they weren't really listening, they just needed a body to fill space. Asked basic "how do you handle customers" kind of questions. Asked about previous jobs.

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2016.

Interview

My first interview with Walmart was really nice went by quickly and was with 3 other people.
    My second interview at a different Walmart was a interrogation with the first demand being was I willing to work the hours I applied for honestly I was relieved I wasn't hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Wal-Mart?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

It was quick and fast on the first interview than an hour later I got a call for an interview with a different manager for a different shift that would fit my schedule better.

Interview Questions

• When I set a goal how do I reach it?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver City, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Silver City, NM).

Interview

It took a long time to get an interview, I thought I would never hear from them but in the end it was pleasant. There was a drug test. Then they prepared us for the job by instructing us on clothes to wear and when to report for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating, I was placed in a certain pay category and that was it.

Walmart Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, also this is my first job. Took a week or so, I attempted many times to talk to a personnel manager, so I eventually went into one of the stores and talked to them in person. The following Sunday I got a call about a maintenance position and I interviewed the next day at 11am. Interview went great, position got changed to a cashier and the whole process took about 30 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alamogordo, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Alamogordo, NM) in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by both the department head of Elctronics and the assistant store manager. It took about an hour from start to finish, and I was presented with a preliminary offer that I thought was very fair. I found your process efficient. Their interactions were courteous and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions asking for examples from your work history of how you solved various situations. How you handled a stressful situation etc. The main thing is that you're comfortable in a multitasking environment and dealing with all kinds of customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really is no negotiations when you come to Walmart. It's a take it or leave it proposition. Fortunately, I found their offer surprisingly good for our area. My main concern is that the hours they offer is not really what I consider full time.

Red Rock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

Hard because of language barrier. It was hard for me to understand Spanish................................so thanks and I was trying but it just wasn't working. A b c de f ge at the wwonder

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Lunas, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Los Lunas, NM) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied on-line. Got a call from the Wal-Mart DC at Los Lunas, NM. The interview a 3-on-1. 9 difficult questions on a STAR behavioral and analytical format were asked.

Interview Questions

• Did you education grow at work? Tell us why- how did your education helped others? A simple "no" or "yes" is not good enough. And then they asked questions about drugs...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruidoso Downs, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Ruidoso Downs, NM) in May 2014.

Interview

In that same day while I was applying online, a manager called me immediately. Then he personally help me finish my application. After I finished my application, a supervisor interviewed me. He asked me 5 different questions that tested my knowledge and communication skills. I confidently answered all the 5 questions without any issues or communication problems. He was impressed on my answers and on the confidence that I had without showing any type of intimidation. All the questions had something to do with teamwork and how to deal and solve work issues. Since I deal with many issues in college and I'm good in teamwork, the questions weren't a problem at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time when you work together with your partners to solve a problem.   Answer Question