Walmart Interview Questions in Oakland, CA | Glassdoor

Walmart Interview Questions in Oakland, CA

2.0

Sales Associate Toy Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Oakland, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Basically, I applied online and a month later got a phone call if I was interested in working at my local Walmart, I said yes and told me to come in for an interview the next day. The next day I get there and waited like 15 minutes. The supervisor was really nice and kept calling for the person that was going to interview me and was very attentive. The interviewer was a woman and she was very nice, nothing really formal about the interview though felt like a chat with your bestfriend over coffee even though she did ask the basic interview questions. After that two days later I got a phone call to come in again for another interview and that was going to be with an assistant manager. I got there and to my surprise there was no interview they set up the background check and sent me to get the tested for drugs. The only dissapointing thing about this experience is that they told me to come in on a wednesday for orientation and when I get there to my surprise, there is no orientation they had inventory that day so they told me to wait until they called and its been a few days and no call yet so I am still waiting for that one.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, how would you handle a customer being angry, have you ever dealt with multiple customers at the same time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they didn't even mention what was the pay, but I assumed the minimum and here in Oakland is at 12.25

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Oakland, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

horrible and really personal. guy was weird and far too interested in cats and their really "fascinating" tails, paws and ears. Ew.. Hahaha. Hope this helps, glad it's nice and genial. yeah.

Receiving Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Oakland, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Funny thing that it took 3 days to get me hard first day I came in I put in application online and one of the managers in the back he seen me doing an application and you told me that if I wanted to work here and then and I said yes so then he told me that I will be I will be hired second day of the interview process the interview process went great they asked me if I can get 50 pounds he asked me if you know it like if I have a good attitude with customers with coworkers so that the other day I got I got a drug screen test and I passed it and then I was able to work on the next day and it was great the interview process went great it was faster than I thought I guess I would just like lucky to get a job

Interview Questions

• So why did he choose to work here   1 Answer

Inventory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Oakland, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online, they called the following monday. scheduled an interview for Thursday 9:00 pm. Not what I expected for an interview, it was fast &easy for me, skipped to signing papers. Orientation started the following wednesday, signed some more papers, watched videos about safety, greeting customers, etc. Then you can choose to stay &do cbl (lessons on the comp.) that are required in order for you to work your position. After 3days, I started working.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer: Can you do the job? Can lift 50lb+?
      Reply: yes
      Interviewer: That's good enough for me! ready to sign your job offer?
      Reply: Yes I am ready
      Interview: I'll see you after your orientation, it'll take at least 3days.

I just thanked him, shared hands & left.
      Answer Question