Walmart Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Operations Manager Interview Questions

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in September 2016.

Interview

Introductions, describe yourself, four competency/behavioral questions, final open questions and conclusion. Overall, the interview(s) I have had for this position do not vary from location to location, all use the Walmart approved questions only and little to no chit chat outside of the intro and what else can we answer for you phase of the interview. I have had several interviews internally and can say you have to sell yourself pretty aggressively internally to promote outside of your store or DC.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were responsible for developing a plan? How did you develop it how did you communicate it? and What were the results?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salaries are tough to negotiate, but got more than the average joe, extra vacation time can be had if you can prove it and have the chops to demand it.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Over the phone. Very comfortable. Starts with intros and goes into structured interview with set questions and finishes the interview with time for candidate to ask questions about job.

Operation Manager Interview

Interview

like most standards interview questions to go through the recruiting process. Be prepared is always the key. If interview goes well, the offer process is fast and simple onboarding as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Tucson, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

2 people were on the panel and i was asked situation questions like the most difficult person i have dealt with and the most challenging project that i have undertaken. Also i was asked about the travelling option if i am willing to travel or not.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in May 2014.

Interview

8 questions that judge your ability to reasons. They are really focused on development of associates and managers. Make sure you provide specific examples of how you did things with detail and metrics.

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

College recruit at a job fair on campus was giving some information about company.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a very standardized process as they followed a form or sheet for questions that they recorded my answers on. Most questions were behavioral questions. Occurred in the regional office inside of a store. Then went for a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with difficult people, worked in a team, handled an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marcy, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Marcy, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Applications are filled out online at walmart.com. Applications are screened first-in, first-out. Screening questions are also performed to weed out perspective candidates. First and second interviews (if passed on) are conducted using experiential questions - not what you'd do in a situation, but what you've done in your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a nearly impossible deadline. How did you accomplish the task? Did you involve others, or did you complete the task(s) yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hourly rates are not-negotiable; management jobs are set within a range and based on past experiences and skill sets.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview

the interview process is behavioral/ competency based. they ask you a series of questions about specific situations that require you to reflect back on previous experiences in order to gauge how you would act in the position. they give you a list of the competencies that they will be asking about in order for you to better prepare for your interview. there were three interviewers taking turns asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• What in the past year have you done to increase value throughout the organization?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

I filled out an online Questionaire and was given 90 multiple choice questions to answer. Upon completion of questionaire I submitted it and received a call back 3 days later for an opportunity to have an interview. I had an interview and was given an offer the same day. Pretty painless. They do ask a lot of behavior questions.