Walmart Produce Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2018

2.1

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sturgis, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Sturgis, MI) in April 2010.

Interview

Step one: They say "we need to interview". You walk in, they say "sit down it's just an interview". They smile politely back at you. You stare politely right on through.
They ask a series of questions, some repeat but in different wording. The questions are simple and basic but make you think a little more than usual. You begin to wonder why you came. Let them know that you know best. Because after all, you do know best. Show them that you are the best employee they'll ever know.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you needed to work faster than normal to get everything done on time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (San Antonio, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

I had to sit in front of a panel of managers and answer questions. They were questions concerning my experience reliability and work ethic. There was nothing really hard about the interview.

Interview Questions

• When you came across a problem what did you do to solve it.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Wood Village, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Wood Village, OR) in February 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is started with computer testing of the interested persons, however, computers are not always working. Next step is for the Human resources personnel to determine which persons are of interest for specific locations. Assistant managers then proceed to determine which of these person may have the ability to fill open positions. Next, an Associate is asked to do the interview(usually the Department Manager of the open position). Then, possible candidates are interviewed by the Assistant Manager who oversees the section where the position is located. Final candidates are then hired or no longer required.

Interview Questions

• What is your most difficult situation with customers of your previous position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, other than take the position at this price/part-time

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Dallas, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Apply on-line on one of the stores computers. Followed up a few days later and had an interview with one of the co-managers. He asked me a few questions about my previous experience and told me he wanted me to work in produce.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Walmart?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Woodstock, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

When I first arrived, I was asked to wait until a member of management called me and a few other people back into their office. We were all seated and we were given a situation and asked to explain our experiences relating to that situation. Afterwards, management sent us outside and had each one of us come in one at a time to discuss potential positions we would like to take in the store.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2012.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was nice and the general manager was a decent guy as well, but the atmosphere of the interview itself was a joke. I mean, I shouldn't have expected anything more than that, but even Sears had the decency to take me to the HR room instead of taking me to a stock room for office supplies.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult at all about the interview. It seemed like your basic interview with basic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Belmont, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Walmart will probably hire anyone. But the hiring process was easy everyone was nice. Simple questions. Working there was easy set times to do certain things. Walmart has a lot of employees therefore they have a lot of drama too.

Anonymous Employee in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Jupiter, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in, they took me in a room with three other applicants, one by one they called us in a back room where an interviewer asked like 5 questions and she circled on a sheet one a scale of poor to excellent how we answered. Then brought us a couple of papers to sign about the position offered and a drug test paper to take to the facility.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Rialto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call for an interview.went In for an interview and waited an hour and a half before I got interviewed ...finally got interviewed by department manager the assistant manager told to come back for interview with store manager

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbia, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the process took three days. I applied on Thursday received a phone call from manager asking me to come in for a interview. I set up a interview time for 2:00 p.m. I was then greeted then asked to come to the back office to wait on the manager. He asked really basic questions took no longer than five minutes. He really liked me waited for the next interviewer which was the store manger she asked a few question then hired me on the spot. Did all the paper work and took the drug test waiting for a start date.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a irate customer?   1 Answer