Walmart Produce Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.0

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Lexington, KY).

Interview

I applied for all positions at a store in a different location, but this store called me just hours after submitting the application and asked if I'd be willing to take a job at their location instead. I was trying to get any work I could at the time, so I basically said yes, got a time to come in for an interview, and made an effort to get to the store early by about a half hour. I waited by the bathrooms in the back for about 2 hours and was told I wasn't supposed to come in that day at all and they didn't have anyone to interview me until the next day. I started to leave but a manager stopped me as I was headed out the front doors and asked me if I could just wait another half hour and he'll have someone from the area they need me in to interview me. They got me an interview within 20 minutes after that, and I was introduced to the produce department's former manager who stepped down for personal reasons. He and the store manager and the HR guy discussed my qualifications for maybe a minute or less (excited to have an educated person join the team) and told me I was hired as long as I could pass a drug test. I had to wait about a day for the drug test to be approved and then, I was given a "work whatever hours you want" speech (part-time in the beginning) for the first week since I didn't have a schedule yet and they didn't have anyone to train me in-person. I basically took a tour on my first day and then started to figure things out on my own.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of personality quiz type stuff first.   1 Answer
  • Would you be willing to work full-time if a position opened?   1 Answer
  • What is one past experience you think helps you prepare for this job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Sarasota, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

they ask very common and brief questions and my later on advice a better position for you and will let you know about all the opportunities and will let you know that you're hired on your second interview

Interview Questions

• name an example when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Produce Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in December 2016.

Interview

I sat with an assistant manager and two department managers and the assistant manager asked questions while the department managers asked me what i'd do in specific situations, I was told that usually there was only one department manager at an interview and they were training the younger one for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Can you be a reliable team member?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was okay. I did well in general but a lot of times they dont care about what you applied for and just want bodies to fill open positions of their choice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Brooklyn Park, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

They asked about previous jobs and what you did there.
    The only other question is "name a time when you have gone above and beyond to help a fellow co-worker or customer"
    Then they tell you that you got the job but have to wait for background check.
    Once it comes back set you up for orientation and then you start asap! Very easy.

Interview Questions

• When did you go above and beyond to help a coworker or customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Beloit, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

It was actually really quick. The manager (Tammy) only asked a couple of questions I also forgot my two forms of ID. She just had me bring the in the next time I came in so I did

Interview Questions

• What have you done to help somebody accomplish something while also accomplish things something your self   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Norman, OK) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the Walmart website and in about a week they gave me a call asking for an interview. I walk in the store and patiently wait less than a few minutes before the assistant manager brings me in. The questions were fairly simple and were along things like "What brings you to Walmart?" and "Tell me about yourself" Overall the interview took less than 5 minutes and I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name one instance where you showed great customer service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very easy and my store needed people so bad it was a formality more so than an interview. I applied and was called the next day. I was able to get an interview and started working within 2 weeks of my initial application.

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park Heights, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Oak Park Heights, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic application questions about companies I worked for, when I worked for them, and the duties I performed at each of them. Also discussed my education level and where I went to school.

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Smyrna, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Hiring was fast. Got a call for an interview within 6 days after applying. Interview process was great. Assistant manager was friendly. After the interview was done had to wait for a background check. It didn’t take long for my background to come back ( 4 days)

Interview Questions

• What shift would I like to work? First shift ( 5am-2pm) second shift ( 1pm-10pm) third shift ( 10pm-7am)   1 Answer