Walmart Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Dixon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Dixon, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief, straight to the point. I had a friend who worked there so she set me up for the interview. Manager was friendly, I don't feel like writing anymore. Its been 2 years and the fact that glassdoor requires me to write 30 words is ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Quick and to the Point. Friendly supervisors. Very supportive and welcoming. The process didnt take very long and it was a great experience. The questions during interview were standard and didnt require extensive preparation. Laid back and swift.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

They took me to an office to sit with a salaried member of management. They went through my resume and previous work experience. They asked me a few questions about being how I am with customers and how good I am at helping them with whatever they need.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that you did to go above and beyond to help the customer?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

3 separate interviews, first with Human Resources, then next was with the department manager, and the third was with the assistant store manager over the soft lines department. Human Resources part was a review of how the assessment questions were answered and the other two were about the day to day operations and how I would fit in and contribute.

Anonymous Employee in Noblesville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Noblesville, IN) in February 2018.

Interview

You walk in at the time of the interview and they ask you a few questions. They also talk to you about a few of the different programs they offer for schooling and saving. They also give you a folder which has a few different things relating to how the company works, and you sign a few things if they decide to hire you.

Interview Questions

• What kind of hours I was looking for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Florence, AL) in April 2018.

Interview

Received a call to come in the next day. I waited about 15 minutes. Hr manager was nice and did a small interview with me. I was then given a second interview with an assistant manager. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What have I done in the past to go above and beyond to help someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I interviewed at Walmart (North Little Rock, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took at least two weeks for a call. Kept calling personel for update on application. ( A plus is keep calling to get updates on application) Interview lasted 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Redding, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Friendly fast and very warming invitation to join their team as well as informative on career opportunities and what will be expected from your performance made you feel as if your already apart of the family before you leave the interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmi, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Carmi, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was a joke they asked three questions and said I was hired. The people giving the interview weren’t even from the department I was going to work in. The managers were rude I would of looked elsewhere but I needed the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell them a situation I was ever in that I helped resolve and how.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in January 2019.

Interview

I went to the back of the store where it was Associates only, and I waited until I was called for an interview. They asked questions where you deal with a difficult problem or situation. It went well, and I waited for another interview with the store manager on the same day. I was hired on the spot since they needed people for the weekend and self-checkout host. They put me in the system and called me the next week, telling me my orientation was on Friday that week.