Walmart Sale Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Sale Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.0

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

2 interviews that usually happen one after the other. Answer a series of questions and pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a certain situation. I only say that because I worked fast food all my life and switched to retail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't take it. Everyone says a job is a job. True. But if you don't become a suck up you will not make it long there.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart in January 2014.

Interview

You get a job when they call you for an interview. No matter what you can answer their question or not. There are 3 people will interview you. Department manager, ZMS, and Assistant Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

The questions were typical that you get from other interviews. The store was new in that area and they was really hiring a lot of people on the spot. If you have open availability, you will definitely get the job. After the interview, she ask to go across the street and get urine samples to drug test you. If you pass the drug test and the background check your in the right track.

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was pretty simple got a call come in for interview I was asked some questions from person be my department manager then assistant manager asked me why I want work for wal-mart and went over job description

Interview Questions

• If a customer is needing a product and we don't have it out on floor how you handle it   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was able negooate my availability

Anonymous Employee in Burton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Burton, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

The interviewer super friendly and easygoing. I did not feel uncomfortable at all during the interview. She asked basic questions and allowed me to ask questions about the store and what my responsibilities would be as well.

Interview Questions

• Where are you going to school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was rather fast. She asked me why I wanted to work for the company while walking to the interviewing room. She also asked about availability.I felt like the interview process was more of a fast pace.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you lead a team what did you do what was the outcome?
      How would you make customers come back to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Marysville, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Fairly Relaxed. Went over what i wanted and what they would require. The hiring manager was very detailed in what my tasks would be if i was hired, and left me with time to ask what questions i needed including about how long the position would be open.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you want to work with us?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Mesa, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was more personal than professional. No real work related questions asked. Was rushed and unprofessional. Was also not very private. Employees were consistently walking in and out of room.

Interview Questions

• Why did you not apply for management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Ocala, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

the interrview was very laid back, they made me feel very at ease. The interviewer was very nice. This made it easy for me to be myself and answer questions truthfully.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about working for the public   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in May 2013.

Interview

After applying online, I was called in for an interview. The Manager interviewing me asked me several basic questions involving what I'd do or had done in several problematic situations. These are common-sense questions about situations likely occurring to anyone who has attended high school or had a job before.

If you do not like the question or don't believe you have the ability to have a good answer for it, you can ask for an alternative question. I'd advise asking for the alternative question if possible, but that's not a complete deal-breaker as far as getting a job at Walmart is concerned. The Manager interviewing you is looking for a thoughtful, common-sense, well-spoken, and sincere answer to the question being offered. There is really no "right" or "wrong" answer to the question. Rather, you should ask yourself if your answer demonstrates you gave thought to the situation you described and tried your best to deal with it in a sensible way.

If you are called to an interview, there is a very good chance you can get the job depending on two things. The first is "availability." Walmart is a retail company and expects its employees to be on-the-job during the hours that most people prefer to shop, which includes weekends. While some Walmarts may be flexible, the Walmart I worked for expected employees to be available any time, and schedules could change drastically from week to week. If you can do this, that's a big plus. Second, your answers to the interview questions ought to come with little hesitation and provide good, simple answers that show you can deal with problems in a practical manner.

Walmart will ask for at least a background check and in the cases of some Management positions, a drug screen. The results of this will take one to seven days. If you've moved a lot, the background check can take a little extra time.

How should you dress? At least in my experience, candidates who dress neatly and avoid overly-casual apparel give a better first impression. It's not necessary to wear a suit/tie or dress unless that is what you are most comfortable in, although it never hurts. The daily dress code involves at least a collared shirt and slacks (not jeans), so rising to that level is a must. There's no need to invest in an expensive outfit.

Other hints: Put away the phone and have it on silent the entire time. Be on time for the interview. Be sure all of your contact information is correct so that the HR team can get back to you (and hire you!) as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• You are tasked with getting an assignment fulfilled, but nearing the end of your shift, you realize that you are not going to be able to complete it. What do you do?   1 Answer