Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.0

629 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hannibal, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Hannibal, MO).

Interview

It went great alot of questions asked and asnwered learned alot about the company and was asked many questions about my experience and other things and took several test watch videos and had orientation

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The interview was short and they asked a few questions about previous employment, willingness to work weekends or nights, vague about answering question about flexibility in working hours. Seem anxious to hire as they were short on employees. Could not give specific hours or days that you would be needed to work. Did not offer full time employment.

Anonymous Employee in Highland, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Highland, IL).

Interview

Basic character assessment questions. Standard when did you face a problem, what did you do about it kind of questions. The interview is easy and useless. It doesn't ask any questions that are directly related to the job you are interview for.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced a problem and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Interview

they called me and asked me to come for a quick interview. I was hired on the spot pending a drug test. I left there and immediately went to go take a drug test. passed and started 2 days later. I spoke with one woman and she was very sweet

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with different customer complaints   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Fort Wayne, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Think i went great have a 2nd interview this week loved the fact that eaxh and everything was sent directly to my phone so that was a major plus for me it self

Interview Questions

• Where do i see myself in 5years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Germantown, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a negative experience. I scheduled my interview at 10:45am and no worker was at the service desk to "check me in" and so I sat in a chair with other interviewees. Sat and sat until it was 11:30am. Finally a worker came to talk to me and asked my interview time. Turns out they totally forgot about my interview and skipped me! Went in with the manager and it was super informal, glad he was easy to talk to but it was really unprofessional of them. Also, the job offer was not even the position I applied to... Love shopping at Wal-Mart but oh my gosh management sucks.

Anonymous Employee in Anamosa, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Anamosa, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

Basic interview process and it was really easy to be a top candidate as long as you are a normal, hard working person. There were no tough questions, but a lot of training immediately following the background check and drug test

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I went in for the interview. The process was longer than I thought. It was good. No problems. Not sure what else to say. It wasn't too bad. The interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Boardman, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application online at home and did a questionnaire and if I passed it would submit my application.
    I was called for an interview about a week later and set an interview up for the next day. Went in the next day and waited a few mins, but once I got back there it was a very laid back interview. We went through my work history and a few things from my application. Then she asked a few questions pertaining the job. And after all that I was hired right there. All I had to do was wait for an email to do my background check, which I got by the time I got home, and then I was called for orientation 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• what was the most recent thing you did to help either a previous customer, employee or friend out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Shakopee, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I waited for about 10 minutes and was called back. Told responsibilities and attendence policy. They asked one question and gave me packet to fill out. Talked to 2 different people and was there about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to go above and beyond in a previous job?   Answer Question